Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
I had to look up what "weeb" meant.

Some really good custom maps I particularly like Weapon of Choice and the love it or hate it Gangnam Style :)
Only annoying thing is everytime they update beatsaber and you do it you lose the custom songs and have to reinstall them.
Not too much hassle with bsaber installed couple of clicks and its done.

Just found this released in the last couple of days create maps from Youtube videos automatically.
Not tried it yet but looking at the vid seems to be somewhat successful.

https://beatsage.com/

Last edited:
Soldato
I'e tried this with half a dozen songs, at Expert and Expert+ you can a fairly good looking output but at the lower levels it is very hit an miss depending on the song. Sadly I only play on hard at the moment so some keepers and some not.

What mapping tools are people using as I really want to map my favourite songs.

Soldato
I just witnessed a stock informer alert come up for OCUK, log on to see 10+ in stock, then within 10 minutes (maybe less) all are gone. And that's the 128Gb version for £500 as well. Absolutely crazy. I don't want that version otherwise I may have gone for it. Have seen the odd singular stock alert come up for other shops but when you log in its gone in seconds. Absolutely crazy.

Associate
I just witnessed a stock informer alert come up for OCUK, log on to see 10+ in stock, then within 10 minutes (maybe less) all are gone. And that's the 128Gb version for £500 as well. Absolutely crazy. I don't want that version otherwise I may have gone for it. Have seen the odd singular stock alert come up for other shops but when you log in its gone in seconds. Absolutely crazy.
Yeah was posted on hot deals went crazy quick, seen the deal email and deal was finished by time I clicked the link lol

another site says stock due 5th may for the one your looking for

Associate
Managed to get one ordered, hoping they had the stock in and it wasn't a mistake meaning they'll actually be dispatched and not put into a backlog though.

Soldato
I'e tried this with half a dozen songs, at Expert and Expert+ you can a fairly good looking output but at the lower levels it is very hit an miss depending on the song. Sadly I only play on hard at the moment so some keepers and some not.

What mapping tools are people using as I really want to map my favourite songs.

Might be useful to try as I dont have the patience or the time to do my own.

Associate
Shouldnt really have been on there it wasnt a deal.

Rainforest has 128gb version in stock now Sat delivery bit expensive but be quick.

agreed, there a lot that gets on there thats not a deal! but the comments are funny!

thats the right price on the rain forest isnt it, its what i paid direct from oculus!

Associate
£500 for the 128Gb version, £400 for the 64Gb version are the right prices. But no way Im paying £100 for an extra 64Gb that's £1.56 per Gb!!!!! (Top of range NVME SSD is only about 13p per Gb).
Normally i'd agree but when it comes to items which are non upgradable it kind of goes out the window.

Iphones being a prime example.

Soldato
Normally i'd agree but when it comes to items which are non upgradable it kind of goes out the window.

Iphones being a prime example.

Yes quite, its why I think they are a rip off too. I buy Android phones with micro SD slots.

Appreciate not an option with a quest, but I have a home server, I don't need mega storage on it.

Why are there all of a sudden loads of 128Gb coming in but no 64 Gb?

Soldato
Dont really need the 128gb version unless you buy lots of games but then there aren't that many must have native Quest games. I've still got 28gb free on my 64gb. Rest of the games are on my PC.

Yes quite, its why I think they are a rip off too. ?

in the world of VR its not a rip off its quite a decent buy. I know what you mean though but it is the same with mobile phones so its nothing new. After all its an android device anyway.

Associate
£500 for the 128Gb version, £400 for the 64Gb version are the right prices. But no way Im paying £100 for an extra 64Gb that's £1.56 per Gb!!!!! (Top of range NVME SSD is only about 13p per Gb).

not disagreeing with you, but oculus arent the 1st n last to give price hikes on different models with higher storage, Apple do it all the time, unfortunalety if theres people willing to buy then it wont change, but end of the day its your choice isnt,

its £498 rrp for 128gb but yeah on rainforest just over £500 is about right considering its hardly in stock anywhere.

think its sold out again lol,,,, im bowled over i managed to get one, you just gotta do the time in waiting for them to come into stock, hoping to get mine out the box tomorrow and getting it up and running, got some games to play :)

Associate
Yes quite, its why I think they are a rip off too. I buy Android phones with micro SD slots.

Appreciate not an option with a quest, but I have a home server, I don't need mega storage on it.

Why are there all of a sudden loads of 128Gb coming in but no 64 Gb?

Maybe making in batches, were lots of 64gb's coming in the last week or two, maybe running them in batches or it's just what they have in terms of storage to put in them, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was infact 2 x 64GB modules in a 128GB model anyway.

Soldato
Is there any more information about next gen coming out? Its nearly been a year now, are we expecting anything in the near future?

There was a leak supposedly about a possible new "Quest" or a new Oculus Headset codename "Del Mar" that has been out in the wilds on various tech news pages a couple of weeks ago not much known and nothing confirmed. I dont expect to see any new VR helmet till at least next year and that will only be stuff delayed in research and production due to the virus.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/20/...dset-codename-developer-page-leak-screenshots

Associate
There was a leak supposedly about a possible new "Quest" or a new Oculus Headset codename "Del Mar" that has been out in the wilds on various tech news pages a couple of weeks ago not much known and nothing confirmed. I dont expect to see any new VR helmet till at least next year and that will only be stuff delayed in research and production due to the virus.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/20/...dset-codename-developer-page-leak-screenshots

dont quote me on this, but i swear i seen it mentioned by one of those youtube reveiwing Chaps! that they think its related to the new so say controllers coming out from oculus, but they did say it wasn't confirmed,

Back
Top Bottom