Oculus Rift S Static

Associate
Hi guys
My sons rift has suddenly stopped working correctly.
Turned it on and when the menu in the headset comes up to set up the guardian I just get static all over the FOV apart from the menu box in the center.
The static is where the view of the room should be, its like the static you get on a TV.

After searching for a fix, it looks like the camera is not working, is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Gwyn

Associate
OP
I have tried the cables in different USB 3's and different display ports. I also took the face rubber off the headset and unplugged both cables and reconnected them.

Soldato
Hi guys
My sons rift has suddenly stopped working correctly.
Turned it on and when the menu in the headset comes up to set up the guardian I just get static all over the FOV apart from the menu box in the center.
The static is where the view of the room should be, its like the static you get on a TV.

After searching for a fix, it looks like the camera is not working, is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Gwyn

As the Rift S has inside out tracking i.e. onboard cameras then apart from a loose ribbon cable to it inside the headset the it sounds like it's toast. Unless you're a bit tasty on dismantling and replacing components if you can get them.

Associate
OP
As the Rift S has inside out tracking i.e. onboard cameras then apart from a loose ribbon cable to it inside the headset the it sounds like it's toast. Unless you're a bit taste on dismantling and replacing components if you can get them.
Thats kinda what I was thinking. Yes inside out tracking. I dont mind opening it up but like you said, parts might be an issue.

Soldato
Thats kinda what I was thinking. Yes inside out tracking. I dont mind opening it up but like you said, parts might be an issue.
It might be worth picking up a not working or for parts unit off the bay to have a play with first and also as a donor,

Back
Top Bottom