Oculus S or Quest 2

Soldato
So I'm potentially buying next month as I should be getting some back pay

I was considering Quest 2 with the PC link cable

However I don't really get or can work out if the differences between the two and if the S is worth it over the Quest 2

My PC spec is Ryzen 3600 with a 1070 (Not Ti) and 16GB ram so I think my Pc will be fine to run either

Soldato
Rift S is end of life and no longer properly supported.
Quest 2 is the one to go for mainly because it's getting all the support and can be used wirelessly for PC with a decent router and virtual desktop software.

It's also surprisingly good as a standalone headset running native Quest 2 apps.

Soldato
OP
Cheers any experience using one with glasses?

I have used psvr in past and was still able to wear glasses without too much discomfort

Associate
I bought prescription lens from these guys https://widmovr.com/
Much better clarity and comfort than with glasses. Lens housing fit great.
I usually wear verifocal glasses and contact lens for sports. Widmovr lenses for Quest 2 much better than both

Soldato
I wouldn't wear glasses with any VR headset - too much risk of scratching lenses which can't be replaced.

As suggested, prescription lenses are the way to go, and as a bonus they protect the original lenses too.

Associate
Cheers any experience using one with glasses?

I have used psvr in past and was still able to wear glasses without too much discomfort

I use my quest 2 daily with glasses. I don't even need the spacer installed. For reference I wear oakley frames that are kinda like Rayban Wayfarers. They fit just fine. There's still a few mm clearance between glasses and VR lenses. Unless you are incredibly careless you aren't going to scratch the lenses wearing glasses.

You do need to get a technique for taking it off so it doesn't take your glasses with it.

Back
Top Bottom