OCZ makes 4GB 'P45 Special' DDR2 modules, launches new kits

Permabanned
QUOTED :

" The guys and girls at the OCZ Technology Group have went capacity crazy recently and since the only known cure is to make big things with lots of thingies the company has now introduced the 'P45 Special' DDR2 modules which boast no less than 4GB of memory. Not to be sold alone, the 4GB DIMMs will be offered as part of four new kits - the 8GB Platinum, Gold and Vista Upgrade kits and the massive 16GB Vista Upgrade.

All cooled by differently-painted XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders, the 4GB DDR2 modules are certified to work at 800 MHz with 5-4-4-18 timings and are backed by lifetime warranties. "

OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 "P45 Special" Platinum 8GB Edition

OCZ_PC2-6400_P45_Special_Platinum_8GB_kit_01.jpg

OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 "P45 Special" Gold 8GB Edition

OCZ_PC2-6400_P45_Special_Gold_8GB_kit_01.jpg

OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 "P45 Special" Vista Upgrade 8GB Edition

OCZ_PC2-6400_P45_Special_Vista_Upgrade_8GB_kit_01.jpg

OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 "P45 Special" Vista Upgrade 16GB Quad Kit

OCZ_PC2-6400_P45_Special_Vista_Upgrade_16GB_kit_01.jpg

I have qualled 16GB on the P5Q deluxe, 800 was very easy and 900 came with a little tweaking. One trick is to use the mod bios files off XS as they have the ram tables from ther maximus II p45 ;)

So...if you have issues come to me, i usually know a way of getting you working, also visit the support forum www.ocztechnologyforum.com for tip s and tweaks and be sure to check the online QVL/Torture test for what we have found works.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/qvl/detail.php?id=32

Tips regarding boards from Asus:

Asus create many boards from budget thru mainstream to high end. They do not want the budget or mainstream boards performaing as good as the high end as they make much smaller margins on the lower boards compared to the high end...hence bios files intentionally hold back the lower end boards so that the high end boards shine.
Often high end boards will not have the same issues we see on lower end boards and 99/100 its the ram tables etc that is the cause.

So check the mod bios files ;) they help a great deal, and if you guys have issues come see me over at my forum so our staff can get you going.

That's only an excuse from OCZ, funny how Corsair and others runs perfect in them and only your Forums advise peeps to run Modded Bioses hosted by you in the Stickies (as old as the 680I not just P45) to get your Ram to work.

I will never again match OCZ with Asus.

Asus do not use REF Bioses as they do not make REF Mobos, as you state and know from info in your in the forums/stickies.

There is no need for a modded bios to run non OCZ Memory so I see this as a issue.

Obv something is seems with to get the OCZ to run that should not need be changed.

Its good your here to help but on the actual OCZ Forums its like talking to a brick wall with any issues.

I will never again use your Memory and same goes for many hardcore peeps on XS Forums.

Back
Top Bottom