OData

Associate
I am trying to query Dynamics CRM to return the quote details, so far I can return the quote details for a specific quote, however it returns everything.

Code:
private void BeginRetrieveQuoteDetail(Guid Id)
        {
            dataGrid1.ItemsSource = null;

_context = new AnconTestContext(ODataUri);

lstQuoteDetails = new DataServiceCollection<QuoteDetail>(_context);

var result = from QuoteDetailSet in _context.QuoteDetailSet.Where<QuoteDetail>(r=> r.QuoteId.Id ==Id) select QuoteDetailSet;

lstQuoteDetails.LoadCompleted += new EventHandler<LoadCompletedEventArgs>(lstQuoteDetails_LoadCompleted);
            lstQuoteDetails.LoadAsync(result);

}

private void lstQuoteDetails_LoadCompleted(object sender, LoadCompletedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (lstQuoteDetails.Continuation != null)
            {
                lstQuoteDetails.LoadNextPartialSetAsync();
            }
            else
            {
                dataGrid1.ItemsSource = lstQuoteDetails;
            }

}

How can I get it to return specific columns?

regards,

Matt

Forgot to add.

If I change line to

Code:
var result = from QuoteDetailSet in _context.QuoteDetailSet.Where<QuoteDetail>(r=> r.QuoteId.Id ==Id) select QuoteDetailSet.BaseAmount;

I get an error at line

Code:
lstQuoteDetails.LoadAsync(result);

Argument 1: cannot convert from 'System.Linq.IQueryable<Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Samples.CrmODataService.Money>' to 'System.Linq.IQueryable<Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Samples.CrmODataService.QuoteDetail>'

and

The best overloaded method match for 'System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceCollection<Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Samples.CrmODataService.QuoteDetail>.LoadAsync(System.Linq.IQueryable<Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Samples.CrmODataService.QuoteDetail>)' has some invalid arguments

regards,

Matt

you're putting all the stuff from 1stquotedetails into the datagrid, rather than the 'result'

also weird code to debug having a combination of events and linq - would be either if you refactor to use neither

in a nasty-hacky way, this might help

Code:
        {

//var result = from QuoteDetailSet in _context.QuoteDetailSet.Where<QuoteDetail>(r=> r.QuoteId.Id ==Id) select QuoteDetailSet;

lstQuoteDetails.LoadCompleted += new EventHandler<LoadCompletedEventArgs>(lstQuoteDetails_LoadCompleted);
            //lstQuoteDetails.LoadAsync(result);

}

private void lstQuoteDetails_LoadCompleted(object sender, LoadCompletedEventArgs e)
        {
            {
            }
            else
            {
var result = from QuoteDetailSet in _context.QuoteDetailSet.Where<QuoteDetail>(r=> r.QuoteId.Id ==Id) select QuoteDetailSet;
                dataGrid1.ItemsSource = result;
            }

}

Without going into mass details - Assuming you're trying to make the grid editable and that you're using 2011? Can I ask why you're not just using the OOTB quote-products grid?

Can't help with the C# sadly.

Can you just use a lamda? Something like:

Code:
{

//var result = from QuoteDetailSet in _context.QuoteDetailSet.Where<QuoteDetail>(r=> r.QuoteId.Id ==Id) select QuoteDetailSet;

lstQuoteDetails.LoadCompleted += (sender, e) => {
    	{
    	}
    	else
    	{
        	dataGrid1.ItemsSource = result;
    	}
    };
}

Thanks for the replies guys.

We cannot use the OOB quote as the quote portion of our CRM product is quite complex to say the least.

Another complication is that I have now been asked to look at moving the quote module across to HTML5 - any help on how to get started on this as nothing is appearing in google on how to get started with HTML5 and dynamics crm.

regards,

Matt

Back
Top Bottom