odd sql issue - help needed

Soldato
Hi,

I've an odd issue going on.

I've a free website over on 000webhost that we use for simple work related info.

I created a basic quiz database on there and started entering questions in to it. I've done 10 pages @ 20 questions per page as a starter, so 200 questions.

Each question is entered in to the database table, along with 5 subject tags and the answer.

Phpmyadmin shows the table as holding only 160 entries. I know I've put 200 in. I've just put another in about wimbledon, and the table still only has 160 entries, but doing a search for wimbledon is bringing up the question I've just entered :confused:

Any ideas?

Ah, ok...
See 3.11 here:
http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/FAQ_3.11

3.11 The number of rows for InnoDB tables is not correct.

"phpMyAdmin uses a quick method to get the row count, and this method only returns an approximate count in the case of InnoDB tables. See $cfg['MaxExactCount'] for a way to modify those results, but this could have a serious impact on performance."

yeah I found that but my table is MyISAM so didn't think it would apply, however, logged in today and it's up to the right number :S Maybe just the problem with using free space.

Thanks for the help though :D

Back
Top Bottom