Off to sit in some refurbished Herman Miller Aerons this weekend - anything I should look for?

Associate
Title basically

I know that there's the Aeron Classic and Remastered and I'm pretty sure all of these will be the classic variety.

I've sat in one in John Lewis and it was very comfortable; I've found a seller on FBM who has a load of Aerons available so I'm going to check them out.

Is there anything I should pay attention to in particular? £450 is still a huge amount of money to spend on a chair (for me) so I want to make sure I get the most prime specimen this guy has.

Thanks all

Associate
OP
Thank you for the replies.

If there was something minor such as the arm rests being tatty, or maybe the arch support looks a bit smelly, would you be inclined to replace those? Or would you look for a chair where they're in better condition?

I almost see Herman Miller chairs as a platform, and you buy parts depending on your needs; kinda like PCs/thinkpads/etc

Associate
OP
Well, I picked it up; ended up paying £375 for it.

KypUF4p.jpg

The only issue I can identify is there's a little bit of wobble in the cylinder/piston. I wonder how easy it is to replace.

Associate
OP
Hi, I'm possibly going to buy a 2nd hand Aeron as I've found one quite cheap local to me and was wondering what the latest was with your situation?

I sold it in the end! Managed to sell it for the same amount I paid for it fortunately (very quickly too). Opted for an IKEA Markus in the end and apart from the lack of adjustable armrests I'm very happy with it.

Absolutely loved the Aeron's back support but my butt pain never went away; I have a feeling it's probably due to me being too big for a size B (I'm a 6ft1 powerlifter build).

My advice would be if you can find it for a good price, give it a go. If I was able to sell it easily (I live in a small town in the South West) I imagine most could. If it works out for you then that's great, if it doesn't you'll be able to pass it on easily (as long as you don't soil it!).

I've started putting a saving pot towards something like an HM Embody / Steelcase Gesture in the mean time. If the Markus doesn't work out then maybe I'll stomach buying a 1k chair.

Hope my ramblings help.

Back
Top Bottom