Office 2007 Beta 2 available for test...

Soldato
Argh, mine didnt work

I downloaded the beta, started installing it. It got to about 70% and then said "The following programs should be closed before instalation continues - ...................." <-- it didnt even list any programs? So i closed everything and pressed retry.. still got the same message.

So i canceled the instalation, but get an error message on that aswell :confused:

And to top it all off.. it's removed my office 2003.. so i gotta go and install that again :mad:

Pfff.. i even had trouble getting the download going, it said it had completed half way through.. so i started it again and it finished completely this time :(

Associate
The activation servers are just somewhat overwhelmed at the moment as the world and his wife (world and her husband?) are trying to activtae atm.

Should be back to normal any time now....

Associate
benjo said:
Argh, mine didnt work

I downloaded the beta, started installing it. It got to about 70% and then said "The following programs should be closed before instalation continues - ...................." <-- it didnt even list any programs? So i closed everything and pressed retry.. still got the same message.

So i canceled the instalation, but get an error message on that aswell :confused:

And to top it all off.. it's removed my office 2003.. so i gotta go and install that again :mad:

Pfff.. i even had trouble getting the download going, it said it had completed half way through.. so i started it again and it finished completely this time :(

I had that problem where there was no program listed to close but solved it by clicking retry a few times and then ignore which after ten minutes of the bar not moving eventually finished installeing and now works also activated

Caporegime
I liked frontpage, when using dreamweaver even the simplest thing was a chore, when I created something in publisher that I later wanted converting to html I just pasted it into frontpage, but dreamweaver just doesnt want to do it, when I press paste nothing happens and when I try to paste pictures it doesnt work and I have to insert it manually.

Soldato
What's the general word on this beta, is it quite stable (for a beta) or does it crash and hang when being used? I wouldn't mind giving it a blast, but not if its really un-stable and un-usuable.

Thanks for any feedback. :)

Caporegime
It's good but not perfect (there's the PowerPoint weirdness with ChemDraw above for a start) - but it is a beta, and you can run both side by side. Just don't choose upgrade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom