Office 2007 Beta 2 available for test...

Soldato
Can I just confirm 100% that if you install the beta on a system with Office 2003 on it, that it will install alongside it and not overwrite it? (providing you dont choose to upgrade).

Edit - NM, sorted it.

Last edited:
Associate
Have to admit, I really like the new design. Took a while to get used to but I do prefer it now. I'll be using it for a while I think.

Associate
ballistic said:
they finally sorted out that utterly useless interface, still crap though
What's changed? I've been using '07 Beta 1 and I found the new interface was a major adjustment problem for me. In fact there's features in Word 07 that I STILL haven't found! :o

It's prettier, but it's not worth my time having to relearn in which sub-sub-sub-menu each function/option is hidden, and the keyboard shortcuts to get there quickly. And I'm concerned about its claims that the '07 .doc format isn't backwards compatible like '03, XP and 2k were. Haven't had any problems yet opening my documents on the university's computers (where they're using XP), but I think I'll be reverting to '03 nonetheless.

Permabanned
Anyone got the direct link for dl'ing it!?

I went through the process, the last web page gave the activation keys, then i chose continue and the window shut!

I've got an email, but it just reads the same as the last web page.....activation keys, etc

Confused.com

Man of Honour
Lmao! the last page where it shows the key in a table, if you click the name of the office 2007 beta package (its blue) it's a direct dl link..

btw all 2007 office beta2 use the same key, it expires early 2007.

I really like the new interface, bit confusing at first but it's nice, I like the dynamic fade in floating toolbars though!

http://www.fixit-4u.net/mrk/root/temp/2007.JPG

Vai

Vai

Soldato
The new interface is great, don't know why they havn't used it in Outlook though. It is much easier to use & find different features than with the old File, Edit, Tools style menu.

Associate
Nismo said:
Can I just confirm 100% that if you install the beta on a system with Office 2003 on it, that it will install alongside it and not overwrite it? (providing you dont choose to upgrade).
Be warned, if you install 07 last it sets itself as the default application for everything :p

Phnom_Penh said:
You can get Outlook on its own, and it doesn't need a serial.
When I tried that it didn't let me install it... said I must have the rest of Office installed before installing Outlook.

Av8

Av8

Associate
Hi

In the new version of outlook in office '07, if you look at the email spam rules.
Is there an option to delete the email from the server, without downloading? :confused:

Cheers,

Av8

Caporegime
Yup.

Tools -> Options -> Junk E-Mail -> Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E-mail folder.

Back
Top Bottom