Office PC - Help Appreciated :)

Associate
HI,

I as hoping for some help, we have a need to get a new desktop PC in our new office for a small e-commerce company. The PC will be used to make amendments to the website (stock levels, cosmetic changes) as well as for processing orders using Royal Mail's back end Click and Drop system. In the future it may also be required for Skype calls and some video content.

Budget is up to £400 Ex VAT and I configured the below on overclockers and appreciated your advice whether this is good value, or I should consider any alternative parts or look to buy a pre-built elsewhere?

Case - Kolink Midi Tower - Black
CPU - Intel i3 101003.6GHZ
Motherboard - Asus Prime H510M-A Micro ATX motherboard
RAM - Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 16BG (2x8GB) DDR4
Hard Drive - Kingston A400 240GB SATA 6Gb/S 2.5" Solid State Hard Drive
GPU - Palit GeForce GT 730 SILENT 2048MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
PSU - Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
WiFi - Asus PCE-N15 300Mbps PCI-E Adapter
Monitor - Using old one
Mouse / Keyboard - Using old ones
OS - Microsoft - have access via work

£381 EX VAT

Appreciate your thoughts and any advice! :)

Associate
OP
£400 + vat, and gets you quite a bit better spec

6 Core/12 Thread i5 processor (with integrated graphics, so no need for the GT730)
Much better quality PSU with 10 year warranty
500GB NVME SSD
Better Motherboard, that also has the latest AX standard wifi (rather than an old/slow 300Mbps wifi card)
Micro ATX case with good airflow

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £479.65 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I am going to go for this build as the £400 EX VAT if s firm limit and I can't seem to incorporate 11th Gen and reasonable make it work.

Other than some thermal paste anything else I will need? will the stock fans on CPU and case be OK? anything I am missing? I will be building this for myself, first one in over a decade but from what I remember was fairly easy.

Associate
OP
Oh the one other question was I plan to run two screens, will that be an issue? I was hoping to make use of the 1x HDMI port and 1 x Display Port - I have monitors that use these

1x HDMI 2.0b with HDR port, supports a maximum resolution of 4K 60Hz
1x DisplayPort 1.4 port, supports a maximum resolution of 4K 60Hz

Associate
OP
Why do people still recommend and spec up cpus which are 2 years old is beyond me. @Craig_d1 has it.. If you time it right the h610 boards go as low as 50.

Get a 12100 and a h610/b660 board for the same price or cheaper than what you're looking at with the 10400. Also zero need for 6 cores here and the 4 of the 12100 is far superior.

Even a dell inspiron 12100 pc is £440 including vat which are built for offices and will look nice in an office, feel sorry for poor Barbara from the dispatching team working next to a Kolink Citadel.
thanks. You got me thinking as hadn't checked ***elsewhere***

I found this costing £415 EX VAT which considering it comes with Windows 11, is built for me and will have some kind of warranty I'm thinking is probably the best bet?

i5-12400
8GB DDR4 RAM
512GB SSD
ntel® Wi-Fi 6 2x2 (Gig+) and Bluetooth
HDMI and Display Port for my two monitors requirement

Seems like a winner??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom