** Official Days Gone Thread **

Caporegime
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ne-bend-studios-new-open-world-ps4-adventure/

Set in the beautiful, volcanic scarred high-desert of the Pacific Northwest, Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game where you play as Deacon St. John, a Drifter and bounty hunter who would rather risk the dangers of the broken road than live in one of the “safe” wilderness encampments.

The game takes place two years after a global pandemic has killed almost everyone, but transformed millions of others into what survivors call Freakers – mindless, feral creatures, more animal than human but very much alive and quickly evolving.

Looks awesome. as if State of Decay and Last of us had a horrible love child.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
EDIT: Ah whoops, vid in OP is already the alternate footage! lol This is better quality, though(1080p).

Swipped the video over. Cheers for that :)

I'm still totally on the zombie kick, haven't gotten tired of it yet.

And this looks awesome. World War Z(movie) type zombies is total nightmare fuel stuff.

I know game is still early-ish into development, but I did have some issues with the demo. Main one was that the zombies just didn't seem to do much when they got close. I was sure the guy was finished at a couple points, but then he just runs on by them without a scratch. They also seem to conveniently slow down at certain times, which again - parts where I was sure the guy was about to die, he gets plenty of time to do what he wants and then move on again.

And just the way they played the character was a bit weird. Like, WHY would you bother shooting at an unstoppable, relentless horde in the first place? There were times when he even stopped, turned around and started firing down into the *middle* of hundreds of zombies when the 'head' of the horde was coming barreling at him to his right. WHY? I feel like this was probably done because he wanted to keep the horde close to him and make things more tense for the video. Maybe escaping the horde wont actually be quite as dramatic/difficult if a player isn't an idiot and just keeps running instead of stopping to shoot?

Its obviously staged for the showcase of the reveal. No point sharing gameplay where the guy dies in 5 seconds after he tries to turn round and show you how many zombies are chasing him.

Caporegime
OP
Please expand - I just dont see any mechanics thats unique to TLoU, more that it polishes them

EDIT: Actually dont bother - so OT...

ps3ud0 :cool:

I don't think its mechanics

Its more about art style. Its as if the art team for each game all had screenshots of the last of us on their mood boards in the design office.

That in itself is no bad thing. The last of us looked brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom