****Official Fallout New Vegas Thread****

Soldato
I heard somewhere they don't want to do it this time round due to people abusing the fallout 3 Dlc disc (lending it to friends, taking the game back after install, selling it on etc). Don't know if it is true or not but might make sense to just have people buying online with drm for a lot longer than last time.

Soldato
I heard somewhere they don't want to do it this time round due to people abusing the fallout 3 Dlc disc (lending it to friends, taking the game back after install, selling it on etc). Don't know if it is true or not but might make sense to just have people buying online with drm for a lot longer than last time.

If they think that then why not just put codes inside for the DLC?

Caporegime

I'm not sure I understand, the PS3 version of Fallout 3 GOTY comes on one disk, you can't install it so you need the disk to play, if you lend it to your friend then it's only on one console at a time. If you install the Xbox 360 version to the hard drive then you need the disk in the drive to play, so again you can only have it on one console at a time.

Soldato
I'm not sure I understand, the PS3 version of Fallout 3 GOTY comes on one disk, you can't install it so you need the disk to play, if you lend it to your friend then it's only on one console at a time. If you install the Xbox 360 version to the hard drive then you need the disk in the drive to play, so again you can only have it on one console at a time.

With the 360 version it was on two discs. The second disc was a DLC disc that you simply installed and then never used again.

As for the download coupon well yes thats an option but those that have access to the internet all ready are more likely to have bought dlc online all ready so not as attractive from a sales perspective.

Caporegime
With the 360 version it was on two discs. The second disc was a DLC disc that you simply installed and then never used again.

As for the download coupon well yes thats an option but those that have access to the internet all ready are more likely to have bought dlc online all ready so not as attractive from a sales perspective.

Ah, I didn't realise that you never needed the second disk after the initial install, seems a little bit short sighted on Bethesda's part! That leaves the Xbox 360 version with two options I suppose:
  • DLC vouchers in the box
  • Require the DLC disk to be in the drive

I agree that the downloading route isn't ideal.

Soldato
Can't wait :D doing a run through of vanilla fallout 3 at the moment. While I prefer the atmosphere of the 3rd game, the weapons are much much better in Vegas.

Soldato
After finish playing Vanilla a couple of years ago, finally got around to playing it again!

Started a character in Hardcore mode last night, going all out survivalist vs my previous sniper build. Made an average joe wonder, with all the DLC installed, so can't wait to play it properly tomorrow!

Man of Honour
Hardcore mode is still one I need to go through, as well as going back through to polish off some of the achievements. It's been that long since I finished it for the 2nd time I think I actually may have forgotten a few things!

Soldato
I felt exactly the same when I started yesterday, it's like I never played the game before, I'm not going straight to X and doing Y to get what I know would make the best character. I am playing it with fresh eyes and approach, especially with the focus on Hardcore mode.

And this Logan Run perk was so tempting to get, just for no addiction penalties but the prospect of going up to Level 50 is more for me I think.

Back
Top Bottom