Official FIFA 22 Thread

Soldato
OP
The list goes on, there will never be a perfect game and originally I didn't like the pace of it but I'm getting used to the gameplay now and it's mostly positive. That said it'll get ruined in the first patch I'm sure.

Permabanned
You listed a few glitchy things sweats do is all. The dribbling this year makes it the most unrealistic, players janking all over like on elastic, it's a joke. The pace of it isn't really much different.

The past 4 or 5 FIFA's were more realistic even with their idiosyncrasies.

Shame pes is a joke, again. :cry:

Permabanned
Xbox series X, fast as hell gameplay, passes are rockets, shots are rockets, dribbling is fast. Only real thing nerfed slower is skill moves. Despite its apparent slowness the overall game is quicker than similar stage 21. Going to be insane once the special cards ramp up.

Caporegime
I don’t think anyone is under the impression that it’s literally like the real thing. However, toning down the ridiculous looking skill moves and the abundance of new animations makes it feel a bit more authentic than the same ones over and over like previous years.

I don’t get it with this rocket passing you’re talking about either. If I try ping ponging it like I did in previous years then way more of my passes get intercepted.

Associate
Into champs finals whatever that is and means.

Started off as bad as it gets with a ridiculous super team containing Cruyff, Ronaldo, rashford etc and yet they went on to play the most slow and tedious game I've witnessed so far, wanted to gauge my eyes out it was that painful. After that lost another two, just struggled to create and was way too open at the back. Completely rejigged tactics and have since managed to win 5 on the trot.

I'm quite enjoying it on the whole but can't believe how it seems everyone has the likes of in form vinicius, rashford, Ronaldo etc.

Man of Honour
I’m Div5 rivals but this Champs stuff is seriously hard, been decimated by a few people. Not sure what’s up.

Caporegime
Played enough games now to come to the conclusion that there are a load of positives like the keepers, refs, dribbling and skill move nerfs compared to Fifa 20 but passing is completely broken at the moment.

Short passes seem to get intercepted or misplaced a ridiculous amount yet driven through balls from back to front hit with pin point accuracy. I want to play a passing game but I can't buy a win playing that way whereas spamming through ball's seems to make my opponents CBs part like the red sea :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Lets talk formations, what is everyone using this year? I'm still struggling to find something i'm comfortable with. Seem to switch formation every other game!

Associate
I keep trying to move away from my epl side but keep pulling decent PL players in free packs :p. St Maximin in a random 2 player pack, Joe Gomez in a 78+ upgrade pack (did like 10, also got Sergio Biscuits) and yesterday Vardy in a Rare Pack from season xp progression. Decent pack luck so far :).

Back
Top Bottom