***Official Global Agenda thread***

Soldato
Aye instanced 8v8~ just seems like Guild Wars + Guns to me. The 60v60 thing sounds like its just 6x 10v10.

Never really see the point in paying monthly for instanced/non-open world MMOs, subscription isn't justified.

May pick it up if it turns out to be successful though.

Soldato
OP
Aye instanced 8v8~ just seems like Guild Wars + Guns to me. The 60v60 thing sounds like its just 6x 10v10.

Never really see the point in paying monthly for instanced/non-open world MMOs, subscription isn't justified.

May pick it up if it turns out to be successful though.

You don't have to pay a monthly fee :)

From what I have read the 60 vs 60 is what you said 6x 10vs10 but all the maps are interlinked so if my agency destroy a generator in one map, it may drop a force field in another map.

Soldato
from another forum that I delve into where similar concerns are being raised

In spite of all the abysmal updates and ugly server problems, I was a Planetside junkie for years. I quit a few times, only to return like a battered wife. It just held so much promise...

There's an NDA in effect for one more day, but I am sure I'm not violating it because I have been so effusive about my experience.

During my beta experience, I have not experienced any noticeable lag issues. When I shoot someone, they get shot. There's been no odd skiing/catchup problems so far.

Also, there are no dice rolls in this game. There is base damage and range considerations - that's it. True, characters can do things like decrease the damage they take (via spec-trees), but at no point (so far) have I been so outmatched that I am ineffective.

This is - by the way - the main reason I detest World of Warcraft. I concede that there is a deep strategy at work, but any game where one high level guy can wipe out a dozen low level guys without getting hurt is a failure. It's just not my bag.

For example, I was in a round of GA over the weekend and managed to kill one guy (XXXXXX was his name) a bunch of times. After the match, I saw him in Dome City (the equivalent of Sanctuary for PS players), and he was a level 31. I was level 9. Even with all his specialization, he was not invulnerable. That made me smile.

So far as how the weapons feel, the few I have tried feel pretty good. Additional weapons become available as you level a class, but none of the ones you start with are useless. In fact, I almost never upgraded a weapon in the time I played.

I can honestly say that I have no gameplay complaints so far. I'm quite sure that there will be balance issues - every MMO has them. I hope they have the capacity to handle all the action that will happen on launch day. I'm taking the day off.

My PC is a median speed quad-core with a 9600GT and 4GB of Ram. I know nothing about relative power amongst PC's, so do with that info what you like.

I hope that helps.

Soldato
OP
Nice find tals, that has reassured me about a few things.

As with Aion, we will be starting DooM in global agenda, we are one of the top guilds (rank 12) on Aion and hope to be one of the top agency/clans in Global Agenda if anyone is interested in playing with us!

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
After reading up on this game, I'm just not seeing it as an "MMO", it seems about as MMO as things like Team Fortress 2 but with a leveling system. Plus they seem to be under the illusion that people in a team with a bunch of randoms on a fps/3ps actually work as a team.

Chk4 said:
You don't have to pay a monthly fee
True but reading over the things of what you don't get in the free version of the game it seems a bit gimped.

Soldato
Impulsiveness got the better of me - with all this snow need something to cheer me up :) Into beta when it comes off NDA i'll post my findings from a liteish gamers perspective

Associate
Cheers tals, looking forward to hearing what you and chk4 think of it. Powers still out here so much as I'd like to impulse buy I can't :) Probably a good thing. If the feedback is positive I'll be up for a 4-pack, loved planetside back in the day.

Soldato
OP
Well I can't go in to too much detail due to the NDA. From what I have played I am really enjoying it. Looking forward to the NDA being lifted! But put it this way we should be able to get a lot of testing done before its release and I don't mind frapsing some videos of certain things once the NDA has been lifted. PS the poor elves wouldn't stand a chance!

Soldato
Well I can't go in to too much detail due to the NDA. From what I have played I am really enjoying it. Looking forward to the NDA being lifted! But put it this way we should be able to get a lot of testing done before its release and I don't mind frapsing some videos of certain things once the NDA has been lifted. PS the poor elves wouldn't stand a chance!

I think my initial impressions reflect yours:) Steam id talsworthy if you fancy hooking up.

Tals

Associate
i have been following this for a while undecided as to whether i will get this however would love a demo of it to come out

Soldato
It's very tempting :) Just watch that fan made video on the previous page and imagine you are controlling the jet pack :)

Associate
Another snow day today so been searching for beta leaks. Hearing some good things, sounds like a mixture of TF2 + Tribes with the addition of character progression. If thats true then I'm in! :)

If I could get three more people I'd be up for buying a 4-pack. Price would be £24.50 bank transfer or paypal gift, so quite a good saving over the normal price of £31.49. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get it bought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom