***Official MacBook Air Thread***

Soldato
I actually couldnt believe when I saw on the internet that Apple justified the loss of the optical drive on watching DVDs because the iTunes rental service will allow you to stream them. WHAT? It wont be available in this country for ages yet and it costs! Blimey!

It would be ok if you could use iTunes to rip your DVD's and stream that, but since that is illegal its a bit of a bummer.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It would be ok if you could use iTunes to rip your DVD's and stream that, but since that is illegal its a bit of a bummer.

Software like Handbrake is available for such a purpose.

I've ripped many DVDs to my iMac and the police haven't bust through the door :o

Downloading the DVDs is much more illegal than ripping copies for backup in my book though..

Soldato
Software like Handbrake is available for such a purpose.

I've ripped many DVDs to my iMac and the police haven't bust through the door :o

Downloading the DVDs is much more illegal than ripping copies for backup in my book though..

That is a bit of a debatable subject.

Is it not legal to download movies, but illegal to distribute/share/upload them, but it is illegal to bypass the copy protection on DVD's.

But then again IANAL.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

That is a bit of a debatable subject.

Is it not legal to download movies, but illegal to distribute/share/upload them, but it is illegal to bypass the copy protection on DVD's.

But then again IANAL.

I know, and I wasn't looking for a debate.

I was saying.. the software to rip DVDs (Handbrake) is readily available, and rips from which can be imported in to iTunes with no worries.

Your comment about it being a bummer made it seem like you were morally opposed to it, that's why I mentioned downloading movies..

Didn't mean to offend.

Soldato
I know, and I wasn't looking for a debate.

I was saying.. the software to rip DVDs (Handbrake) is readily available, and rips from which can be imported in to iTunes with no worries.

Your comment about it being a bummer made it seem like you were morally opposed to it, that's why I mentioned downloading movies..

Didn't mean to offend.

No offence was taken :)

I know there are other methods around doing it, i just think it would just be nice if we could use iTunes to rip a dvd in the same way we do CD's, was all i was saying. I think it is a bummer that we can't do it as east as that. :)

Soldato
Yea you could rip DVDs but to put my favourites on it would fill the drive quicker than you could say 'the macbook air is over priced pants.' You would definitely need a clunky hard drive to take around with you, or the DVD drive - either one is just a pain.

Back
Top Bottom