**Official MSI Z77 Mpower Discussion Thread**

Will be posting some clocks tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

Two new beta bios have been released since I last posted, see below for details.
WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS MSI LIVE UPDATE 5 METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H44

Please note that flashing this release occurs entirely at your own risk!
>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<, Method II for best results.
Do NOT use the BIOS/UEFI integrated M-Flash Routine.

>>Alternative Method BIOS flashing/update using an USB Flash Drive<< Latest version of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 >> Click Here

E7751IMS.H43 ==> E7751IMS.H44
  1. Update Post Time Tuning module 12.
  2. Fix it cannot finish Windows 7/8 UEFI Installation When you set the bios boot sequence to SATA HDD as 1st Boot and DVD ROM as 2nd boot and save and exit, then Press F11 to select UEFI DVD to Install.
  3. Fixed it will hang 0xAD when use Non-GOP card and enable WIN8.
  4. Release Date: 3rd October 2012
E7751IMS.H42 ==> E7751IMS.H43
  1. Fix WIN7 64 bit os S4 resume show error message issue.
  2. Update ME8.1 1318.
  3. Fix System cannot Enter windows 7 most of the time and will just show the message no bootable device found.
  4. Release Date: 2nd October 2012
DISCLAIMER:
MSI will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

Also a few new utility/driver updates.

Utility
Drivers

• Renesas USB 3.0 Driver v3.0.20.0 *NEW* >> Click Here

Nickolp1974 said:
How are you getting on with the board nelly?? Clocks?
I'm so slow...:( but...new system is up and running as of tonight! :) just updating Windows 7, will post clocks asap, I'm quite used to MSI UEFI Bios, so won't be long.

The motherboard came with Bios 17.2, but will use the latest beta, no bugs so far and the bios seems a lot more stable than when I used the MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3). :)

Using a 2500K for the moment, 3570K is still in the post, I coudn't wait any longer lol. :)

Well.. upto last night EIST isn't working on 17.2 / 17.3 and upto beta H:45 bios, that is the multi/clockspeed won't lower to multi x 16.

EDIT: Bug with beta versions of CPU-Z 1.61.4 to 1.61.7, so use the latest official which is 1.61.3, CPU-Z beta needs fixing that's all. :)

Will overclock later this evening.

Last edited:
First settings I tried and I'm suprised... it's looking good so far :) need to prime, this is using the latest H:45 Beta Bios from yesterday.

Will update this when I've checked voltages with multimeter. Settings to add, but LLC was set to 100% and it works damn well with this MSI board, makes a change lol. :)

comparisons.jpg

48ghzcpuz.jpg
48ghzcoretemp.jpg
48ghzibt.jpg

48ghzibtresult.jpg

Last edited:
stulid said:
Guess you will be keeping it then?
lol, I've ordered a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH anyway, not sure when it will arrive, could be a month, I can't say anything else but it's worth the wait... lol

It's better than I expected, those review sites use pre-release BIOS, mine came with 17.2 and I saw review sites using prior 17.1 or prior, so I'm sure they have improved things, apparently the later betas have improved memory clocks, but I need new sticks to test. :(

Compatibility with Silver Arrow

Hi Nelly I see by your Sig that you have both the Mpower & the Silver Arrow are there any compatability issues other than the First PCIe X1 slot thanks in advance Beebee

PS & which slot are you using for the Xfi? Thnx beebee

Last edited:
Nickolp1974 said:
Can you post screens of all your bios settings, p p p please
Sorry for delay, these are current settings I've used.

CPU Base Frequency needs to be retyped as 10000, this will then set the Bus Speed to exactly 100.0 MHz in CPU-Z, it will keep as this all the time then, unless you load defaults.

Internal PLL Overvoltage = [Enabled] (default should be 1.8v, I woudn't bother increasing it.)
CPU Core Vdroop offset Control = [+100%]
EIST = [Disabled]
Eup 2013 = [Disabled]
CPU Phase Control = [Auto]
C1E Support = [Disabled]
Intel C-State = [Disabled]

shot1q.jpg
shot2d.jpg

shot4j.jpg
shot3f.jpg

ibbeebee said:
Hi Nelly I see by your Sig that you have both the Mpower & the Silver Arrow are there any compatability issues other than the First PCIe X1 slot thanks in advance Beebee

PS & which slot are you using for the Xfi? Thnx beebee
It will fit into PCIe X1 slot, but it's a tight fit, best off using PCIe X1 4 or 6, that's what I'm using, don't bother using spare graphics card slots as it will lower your PCIe from x16 to x8, not that it makes a big difference.

Last edited:
Silver Arrow & Mpower

Thanks for that, I've been trying to find out that information for a few days.
I will use one of the other PCIe X1 for now but it's nice to know i can fit it in the first slot with a little jiggling .
I was planning to play around with big Graphic card coolers so it's good to know that it could work out.
I've been looking at two boards the Mpower & the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH.
Now I can freely choose either as I already know it will fit on the gigabyte board.
Thanks for your help Regards Beebee

Last edited:
Update: Beta H45 came out last week, now has a full log of what has changed.
WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS MSI LIVE UPDATE 5 METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H45

>>Alternative Method BIOS flashing/update using an USB Flash Drive<< Latest version of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 >> Click Here

E7751IMS.H44 ==> E7751IMS.H45
  1. Add the solution When you plug DVDROM as SATA 1 and plug SATA HDD as SATA 2 then system cannot Enter windows 7 Legacy OS after system restart from E7751IMS.H43.
  2. Remove solution Fix it cannot finish Windows 7/8 UEFI Installation When you set the bios boot sequence to SATA HDD as 1st Boot and DVD ROM as 2nd boot and save and exit, then Press F11 to select UEFI DVD to Install.
  3. Add some Multi-Lauguage about fastboot.
  4. Change "Boot option filter" to "UEFI and Legacy" when Win7 mode.
  5. Fix it cannot enter UEFI Windows after restart OS when set admin Password.
  6. Fine tune advanced timing(TWRDRDD) for memory frequency >= 2600Mhz.
  7. Release Date: 10th October 2012
DISCLAIMER:
MSI will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

A few driver's released over the last week or so, the Intel VGA Driver has been out a while, I just forgot to update. :)

Utility
Drivers
  • Atheros Bluetooth Driver v8.0.0.208 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Intel VGA Driver v9.17.10.2792 *NEW* >> Click Here

Last edited:
Beta H47 and H51 have been listed yesterday, I'm guessing the updates in H47 are included in H51 anyway, but download links for both listed below.

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H51

Previous Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H47

E7751IMS.H47 ==> E7751IMS.H51
  1. Fixed compatibility issue with Roccat Isku keyboards not usable before OS.
  2. + more unknown for now.
  3. Release Date: 16th October 2012
E7751IMS.H45 ==> E7751IMS.H47
  1. Fix issue:Wakeup from S4 failed under Windows7 UEFI mode if you set Administrator password and set the Password check to ¡°BOOT¡±.
  2. Fixed "Output Select"item can not working correct.
  3. Remove "Press <DEL> or <F2> to enter setup." from post.
  4. Release Date: 16th October 2012
DISCLAIMER:

New official bios on the MSI website today.
Latest Offical BIOS >> BIOS ID: 17.4
  • [17.4] Update CPU Micro Code.
  • [17.4] Update ME firmware.
  • [17.4] Improved memory compatibility.
  • [17.3] Enhance OC ability.
  • [17.2] Support GOP detection function.
  • [17.2] Improved memory compatibility.
  • [17.1] Release BIOS.
  • Release Date: 9th October 2012
NOTE: Make sure you unplug your PSU from A/C power and properly >>Clear CMOS Guide<< after flashing.
Also new version of the Renesas USB 3.0 driver released a few days ago.

Drivers

• Renesas USB 3.0 Driver v3.0.23.0 *NEW* >> Click Here

Back
Top Bottom