*** Official NFS Shift 2 Unleashed Thread ***

Associate
NEED FOR SPEED 2 UNLEASHED OFFICIAL THREAD

Visceral & Realistic Racing

This March, get ready to push your driving skills to their ultimate nerve-wracking limits as SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED puts you behind the wheel of the only truly realistic and immersive racing game on the market.

Intensely authentic physics and true-to-life degradation of cars and tracks, plus an eye-watering sense of speed combine with the all-new helmet camera to let you feel every scrape and impact in your all-out fight to the finish line.

Your Driver’s Battle doesn’t end at the checkered flag though, as SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED features the advanced Autolog system that takes the action to a new level by letting you dynamically share and compare career stats, driver profiles, pictures, videos, and personal bests with your friends in real-time.

RELEASE DATE: March 29, 2011
PLATFORM: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC

Always wanted to make an ***Official*** thread :D

Really looking forward to this, especially based on the new trailer above. I love the compromise of arcade and simulator but most of all - the raw noise and adrenaline. I sometimes find Forza and GT5 a little too sterile, I personally find Shift to find the perfect balance, providing the handling flaws are fixed in this release.

Associate
OP
No doubt a bad console port again :p

EDIT: Noticed it was in the console area.... i'll grab my coat and go back to the PC areas :p

...bloody PC elitist scum. J/K :D

Thats why I gave in PC gaming 2 years ago, cant beat 'em join 'em. Just hope the PS3 version is on par with the Xbox 360 version.

Caporegime
Good they dropped the NFS name to give it more of a chance but ensured they picked up Criterions Autolog...

Look forward to this - its a nice half and half

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Looking forward to this also after trading both GT5 and Hot Pursuit I'm hoping this has the racing style of GT5 but with the crashes and AI racing of Hot Pursuit. Autolog is great as well feel free to add me if you decide to get it.

PSN ID: Dancula

Associate
Watched the preview of this on the dash yesterday and it had a cracking cockpit view of an original Mini Cooper. I just hope they can make it feel a bit better than the first version on the limit.

Soldato
Slightly off topic, but has there been any news on a sequel for GRID at all?

Back on-topic, enjoyed the first one, so will deffo pick this one up as well.

Associate
OP
The lack of demo, marketing or any real mention of this concerns me.

Theres video reviews on gametrailers and IGN. Can see this being a 7/10 title. May rent first, before buying...

Associate
Got this on PS3 today. Feels very strange handling compared to forza. Cars like to slide about, so you've gotta be smooth on the steering and braking.

Caporegime
Played at my mates house earlier and the handling on the first car (GTR) was awful.

Was thinking of picking this up as I missed out on shift but don't think I'll bother.

Soldato
Got this today on the PS3 and the handling is very poor. It's very light/floaty which means very little feedback for cornering etc. I hated that first Shift, this one looked promising but hasn't improved since the first one, shame :(

Soldato
Thats that then. I was going to pop into town to get this. Probably wont bother now then. Although If I trade in homefront (which is crap) I can get this for £5

Back
Top Bottom