*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Still trying to find out more on Lego City Undercover - the game my two sons are aching to play. Does it feature two player co-op like all of the other Lego games? Turns out not even Nintendo know!! They are simultaneously saying it is single player only and two player as noted in this article on Coffee With Games.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the wii u launch its perfect fodder for my living room in the same way the original wii was

Now it has the grunt to match or beat the 360/ps3 we should see a few great games for it at least until next gen

You can play it while sitting on the toilet...confirmed :D

IGN.com said:
“As Nintendo, we say that it will be fine using it within the same living room where the console is in,” Iwata said. But what about taking the GamePad to a different room… a room of rest, perhaps? To this, Iwata said, “Basically it depends on how your house is constructed, so we have to ask that you test it in your own home.” Laughing, Wii U product developer Toru Yama****a added that, “my living room and bathroom are separated by a single wall and I was able to use [the GamePad].
Link

Sold :D

I kind of want one, but I've got a wii a 360 and a PS3 and in the past 5 years my PS3 is the only one I play to any great extent.

I use the wii for Resident Evil 4, and the 360 gets used by the missus every now and again for kinect sports.

I want that Zombie game though.

This would be the 1st Nintendo console since the SNES I haven't had on launch - I couldn't justify the price tag for only a few of the Nintendo titles I want over the games that would also release for my PS3.

However, I do believe my wife has told Santa I wanted one, a black one, Zombie U, Mario and Pikmin... :D

Hi.
Does anyone know if the controller pad can be used standalone?
And how do games get loaded onto it?

Not sure whether to get my lad a 3ds xl or a wii u for christmas.
If he can still take the wii u pad out in the car and play mario on it then I'll go for one of them.
But if the pad has to be able to connect with the base unit for it to work, then i'll go 3ds.

Cheers.

As far as I know the pad is just a controller and screen, no power for playing games away from the base unit. Although I read that you can play on the loo if your bog is close enough to the Wii U.

At least with the Zombi pack, you are getting the joypad as well, so its going to be reasonable for playing the nintendo channel games, and hopefully there will be a lot more games for support with either the wii u tablet or the joypad, I really hope nunchuck and wiimotes die a horrible death.

Back
Top Bottom