*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Associate
I'm doing my best in resisting the urge to watch live streams of Mario 3DW, it's not easy!.
Haven't been this excited for single game in a while.

I read that you can use wiimote+nunchuck to play 3DW, which is nice!. I always found it comfortable being able to position your hands/arms more freely while sitting down with the mote+chuck. That said, I still need to pick up a Pro Controller at some point so may grab one next week too :D

Soldato
That said, I still need to pick up a Pro Controller at some point so may grab one next week too :D

Pro Controller is lovely. £20 at my local Asda.

Is there any solid date for Mario kart 8? Also how do you expand the storage do you do it same as ps3? E.g plonk any other 2.5 drive in

No solid date last I read - just 'quarters'.

Expansion is solely by external HDD in any meaningful capacity.

Associate
Thinking of picking one of these up as there seems to be plenty of great games out now for it.

I have quite a lot of Wii games that I never got round to playing can you use the pro controller/ wii game pads or is it just nunchuck / wii remote?

Associate
Just picked up Mario Galaxy 2 for 15 quid, must stop buying games but at that price I couldn't refuse!

Amazing game imo. You've got a week to finish it before Super Mario 3D World comes out.:D

I've got a week off work now so I'm going to try and finish some of my backlog.

I need to finish Windwaker, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends.:o

Soldato
Since I started a family I barely get 5 hours/week but still keep buying games. I have these queued up: Windwaker (3 hours in), Pikmin 3 (not played), Mario World & Galaxy 2 on the way, Forza 4 (1 hour), BF4 (15 minutes), Beyond Souls (not played), Black Flag (1 hour), Tearaway (not played) and to top it off I have a PS4 arriving on Friday.

Have given the credit card to the wife now as I really need to finish most of these before I buy anything else.

Soldato
Since I started a family I barely get 5 hours/week but still keep buying games. I have these queued up: Windwaker (3 hours in), Pikmin 3 (not played), Mario World & Galaxy 2 on the way, Forza 4 (1 hour), BF4 (15 minutes), Beyond Souls (not played), Black Flag (1 hour), Tearaway (not played) and to top it off I have a PS4 arriving on Friday.

Have given the credit card to the wife now as I really need to finish most of these before I buy anything else.

Nightmare Ricky...I'm the same :p I almost have to force myself into playing the game to make sure I finish it!

You should get stuck into Pikmin if you can, around 8 hours of gameplay in the main campaign to fully collect everything and it's thoroughly enjoyable!

I had to finish WW but Pokemon wanted to get in the way! Now got Arkham Origins started 1 hr and then swapping between Battlefield 4 on my PC and Ghosts on my Wii U.

It's a nightmare, just glad Watchdogs was delayed until 2014...AND that I've resisted the XBone and the PS4...although the XBone was pretty good from what I played at my mates last night.

3D World will hopefully be taking up all my gaming time soon though :D

Soldato
I now need a wii u for wind waker and the upcoming mario, they have my interest!

Im getting a ps4 next week and had planned on getting an xb1 in the near futurw but i will get a wii u instead of that :)

So i assume it comes with the big screen controller then need to buy 1 extra for me and the gf to co op in mario?

Dont really want the original wii controllers if we can help it, i believe there is a traditional pad out there now

Soldato
I now need a wii u for wind waker and the upcoming mario, they have my interest!

Im getting a ps4 next week and had planned on getting an xb1 in the near futurw but i will get a wii u instead of that :)

So i assume it comes with the big screen controller then need to buy 1 extra for me and the gf to co op in mario?

Dont really want the original wii controllers if we can help it, i believe there is a traditional pad out there now

Ok...so only one gamepad per console mate...at present.

There is a Controller Pro which works with Mario 3D World so you don't need to use Wii Motes, I find the Controller Pro to be an awesome thing with around 80hrs on 1 charge :) Comparable to a 360 pad.

Wii Motes of course are handy to have around as well Wii Sports U is available now and if you of course want to play any classic Wii games as it's backwards compatible.

Soldato
Wii U Screenshot Mega Dump Time

So the last couple weeks of Wii U have been great fun for me with quite a lot of stuff coming out on the E Shop (Two Tribes iOS ports being a big contributor).
I've also got an addiction to taking screenshots of everything I'm playing and sticking it into a rolling Flickr stream. :p

We had Wii Fit U which has some really fun activities included.
I still need to pick up a fit meter for this one, if only to play the desert delivery mini game:

10902885455_1edeb6e025_o.jpg

10902929506_9d7d638146_o.jpg

10903184663_7bb4e483e9_o.jpg

Wii Sports Club with online play! Bowling is awesome for just chilling out the turn based play means you can browse the net/watch TV between throws :D.
It's a bit high on price at the mo though so I'm waiting to see if they do a discounted deal once all sports are out.

10902944006_33fe788ec7_o.jpg

10902895655_cbe8acfa03_o.jpg

Toki Tori 1+2:

1 is a good level based puzzle game which I think was £1.79 at release. Plus it gave you a discount off Toki Tori 2 so I grabbed that day one:

10903039684_f827e89f7d_o.jpg

11009569204_ba25de6262_o.jpg

Toki 2 takes that familiar puzzle game play and moves it to a more open world style setting.
There have been no on screen text or tutorial prompts in this one so you are basically left to discover the path through the game yourself.
This is GREAT. I've only spent a few hours with this game but it is easily my fav download title that I own on the Wii U:

10952022436_6037494bbb_o.jpg

10952370546_1d7b502148_o.jpg

Wii U Party: Good fun with the wife this one, not taken many screenshots yet. I think it will go down really well over Xmas and it came with a Motion plus controller so it was worth the buy:

10902855965_e6543b0b72_o.jpg

Edge:

Again only spent an hour or so with this but it costs around £1.79 this week so it was certainly worth a punt. Seems like a good game to zone out with from the few levels I've played.

11009959643_c946abde86_o.jpg

11010001544_749a4bbac5_o.jpg

And when the Wii U hasn't been playing games its been running Netflix, youtube and the GiantBomb console launch streams. I love this console!

Soldato
So what do you get with a wii u? Is there the sports game etc? No idea what you get other than Mario in the prem bundle so some noob advice appreciated

Back
Top Bottom