***OFFICIAL OcUK HWBOT OVERCLOCKING TEAM***

Associate
Great to see such enthusiasm, but a word of warning if you take it seriously its going to cost you.

You have to keep benching or you will find your hard earned points will soon go as better scores are posted.

I used to have over 200 points and over 50 cups, haven't benched for 4 months due to the costs and my score has gone down to 150 odd and most of the gold cups have gone.

Not trying to be big headed just as a warning it can become very expensive and addictive.

So keep up the good work, and best of luck.

Edit. if anyone is using wprime bench on vista its a lot faster than xp

Last edited:
Caporegime
I know it's addictive.;)

I won't be doing anything more than trying to get the best scores out of my current system.

I won;t be upgrading just to keep my scores up either. I think a 4.5Ghz q9650 will keep my going for a year or two until I more over to i7/i5.

I originally thought I had no chance of getting any points though so I am chuffed to bits with the ones I have bagged.

Oh, and I am running wprime on windows 7 which might explain why even my result at 4.5Ghz would get me points.

Associate
Congrats Greebo! :D I'll say a big well done if no-one else will!

But I can also relate to the comment about it getting addictive - that's why I've eased off after the initial burst. Still, a few more peeps doing the same and we'll be flying.

Caporegime
Thanks. I was wondering if I was the only one ready this thread. I still can't beleive I was benching until 4.30 this morning but I got past my hurdle on fsb and was just going up and up so couldn't resist.

Nice results Si especially the "odd" hardware.

Just noticed how easy it is to get points with an i7. Basically you can bag 6 points on superpi at just 4.2Ghz for being 300th in the world. :(

I think my q9650 would have to be 2nd place to bag as many points.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
good work Greebo - thats dedication!

looking forward to my new hardware...

i will give you a clue...

its got an unlocked multi and nobody on here will have one :D

there are 4 cpuz results on HWBOT with the chip i am speaking of

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
But I can also relate to the comment about it getting addictive - that's why I've eased off after the initial burst. Still, a few more peeps doing the same and we'll be flying.

my first week saw me bench every gpu and cpu that landed in front of me at work

unfortunatly i am so busy i dont get to do much clocking

[well, proper clocking anyway]

all the bundles i do at work are now shipping with a ~USB drive full of settings and info

i will be putting a link to our forums and more importantly - to our HWBOT team

should generate one or two new members at least!!!

Caporegime
good work Greebo - thats dedication!

looking forward to my new hardware...

i will give you a clue...

its got an unlocked multi and nobody on here will have one :D

there are 4 cpuz results on HWBOT with the chip i am speaking of

I know the chip you mean. I looked at those 4 results and thought theres loads of points to be had if you owned one of them ;)

I'll settle to getting the best out of my poor q9650.

I reckon I have a fair chance of a 1st place cup in one benchmark.

However got home tonight to find that ocuk never shipped my new memory last night cause I ordered at 4.34pm :(

So it might have to wait until tomorrow now

hwbot team members should get priority shipping ;)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I know the chip you mean. I looked at those 4 results and thought theres loads of points to be had if you owned one of them ;)

hwbot team members should get priority shipping ;)

glad to see someone doing their research

i will suggest a priority shipping for all hwbot team members to slackworth

he loves instigating trouble :D

Caporegime
Great idea. I was just nosing around out of interest to see what scored big points.

I;m gutted about my memory though. I reckon I am at the limit of my pc6400 with trying to get my cpu to 4.9Ghz.

Associate
all the bundles i do at work are now shipping with a ~USB drive full of settings and info

That should help with some of those people who been having probs with their bundles but haven't bothered to write down the settings... I never cease to be amazed by some folk, but hey as I say at work - without 'users' I wouldn't have a job, so it's not all bad! ;)

I've had a couple of results queried as apparently I used an incorrect version of software for testing - I think they were ones which didn't score anyway but I'm gonna redo them anyway, hopefully get around to that tomorrow.

Caporegime
Thanks Si. Anybody know which is best for superpi - higher speed or tighter timings? I reckon my i should have my new ram running at between 1200 and 1300mhz as opposed to my result at 1060Mhz. Will this improve my times?

Just think ahead to tonight and I have my eye on 8th place ;)

Associate
Blimey, people were catching me up, so had to do some more! ;)

Found an old laptop in a cupboard, had a mobile Athlon 3000+ processor which has netted a few points for rarity value alone, gonna try clocking it some and see what else I can squeeze out of it...

Keep em coming guys! Catch me if you can! :D

Caporegime
Trying. Last night did not go too well. Only had time to do a 4.8Ghz superpi run with my new memory and go up 3 places :)

Did a wprime 1024 run which would have got me 4th place but system hung as I was trying to paste the screenshot :(

In fact, my pc is not as stable with the new ram as my old ram was. I reckon with the new ram running at only 1.8v I need to play around with the other ref voltages.

So more work to do to catch you up Si. Just for a laugh I did my work pc and came 41st so no points there and it's a dell so no overclocking available :(

Associate
You're doing a grand job there Greebo, shame that the new memory hasn't lived up to the initial promise, but I feel sure that you'll get it there in the end.

Good luck with the 5GHz target, I'm keeping all my bits crossed for you :D

Thought I might try pushing my missus' laptop a bit harder soon - prob won't tell her though... might not be too good for my health if I kill it in the process! Still, he who dares wins, right?!

Back
Top Bottom