**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Just had an email from OnePlus talking about their new 120Hz display which they are releasing this year. That means that either the OnePlus 8 or the OnePlus 8 Pro is going to have it.

Anyone planning on upgrading? My OnePlus 6 is starting to look a little beaten up.

Soldato
OP
I was pretty set on upgrading to the OnePlus 8, but now I'm thinking that if the OnePlus 6 gets Android 11, I might keep it for another year. There is nothing that I have found that it can't do. The notch is a little bit annoying but not enough to get me to spend several hundred pounds on upgrading to the OnePlus 8. I do game occasionally on my phone, but the Snapdragon 845 is still a beast of a mobile CPU.

Soldato
OP
I just hope they make a smaller phone as well ala the S10e, i'd love to go back to OP but after having a smaller phone I'm not sure I want to go back!

I'm the opposite. I want a bigger phone as I use it for Discord a lot and you can fit more chat history on a larger phone. Does anyone know if the 120Hz display is going to be 4k or 1080p or whatever resolutions mobile phones use these days?

Soldato
OP
I'm wondering whether I should renew my contract and get a phone at the same time or whether I should wait. I'm not getting great download speeds on Vodafone but I do have unlimited data. On the other hand, Virgin Mobile is much faster download speed wise but I only have 32GB of data with them so I have to be careful not to use it all up. A OnePlus 8 would be a nice upgrade though. Decisions decisions.

Soldato
OP
Three are doing unlimited for £20/month SIM free.

I might have to get that then when my Vodafone contract ends but that isn't until June or July (I forget which). I think I'm ready to try a new network. There is nothing holding me to Vodafone at the moment except the unlimited data.

Soldato
OP
Less than 50:50 in my opinion. Maybe they'll do a McLaren edition with big specs and an increased price.

I've been checking out the renders for the 8 Pro and I'm a little disappointed that it appears (assuming the renders are accurate) to have an exaggerated screen curve in the same way as the 7/7T Pro. I find the curve makes the backswipe from left gesture less comfortable than it ought to be and had hoped that OP would move with the times and flatten out their curves a little.

I've never used a phone with a curve so I'm unsure of the problems it causes. I'm still on my OnePlus 6 which has lasted for a long time and still works perfectly.

Soldato
OP
With the Snapdragon 865 supporting variable refresh rate displays we could see a OnePlus 8 with a 120Hz and Q-Sync (which is Qualcomm's version of G-Sync and FreeSync).

Soldato
OP
I'd quite like wireless charging, but I've never had it on any of my phones so I could live without it. I'm just imagining myself putting my phone on my bedside table to charge before I go to sleep. I often listen to music on my phone at night, so being able to charge at the same time would be quite cool, but I certainly don't need it.

Back
Top Bottom