• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
Asus Crosshair VI Hero.

--------------
What I found peculiar is that the CH6 pumps all that power to the 1700X. I never saw it delivering less than 1.41v to it even at stock speed of 3400 while idle. And never managed to OC the poor sod.

---

Personal experience notes. Second Asus board I bought ever, (previous 11y ago and returned it straight away also) and only had issues with those two boards over 22 years period. Having used ECS, Abit (NF), Via (numerous of the KT series), MSI (X79), Gigabyte (990FX), Foxconn and Asrock (Z170) without problems from the first boot and vicious tinckering. (VIA KT series was sorting their jumpers for heaven sake).
Especially the Gigabyte I owned and sold, is still going strong with an overclocked 1090T 7 years now without issue.

Anyhow, maybe next year with the Zen+ will be luckier. Both CPU and Motherboard are packed and RMA process already started. Going to drop them off to DPD point for collection.

Why not just swap the motherboard? Wait for the TaiChi?

Soldato
All the gear and no idea :p

Care to state what "Full Blown" stress testing actually means?

Seriously Easy, why are you on everyones case?

People who want to chip in on your Prime thread will...

People will do what testing they deem fit, and if they experience crashes int heir usage, I am sure they will adjust accordingly.

If all I did was game, I would still do a quick test in something like RB, but most of my testing in gaming.

Live and let live dude :)

Associate
Need a little help please with Pstates and Downclocking when idle if possible.

My settings currently:

39 Multiplier
Vcore 1.35 Offset 0.15

PState0 - Custom 3900
FID - 9C
DID - 8
VID - 3A

Will not downclock when idle. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Natural commonsense should tell you what it means or don't you have any?

Tell me then ?

Or don't you know yourself ?

Full blown ? Hmmmm.....let me think? Running real bench for 10 mins ?

Nope...

Hmm...

I know running handbrake for 9 hours ? Nope that won't test all my available ram...

Hmmm

Nope your gonna have to tell me what full blown is...

Associate
Nah. Maybe next year. Going to grab a 6800K and a Gigabyte X99 Gaming Ultra
And given the small price difference makes more sense than the 7700K

This seems strange given your pro AMD rhetoric in the other thread. But it's up to you.

Personally been waiting for the motherboard stocks to increase, which has given time for the BIOS fixes to come through.

Soldato
This seems strange given your pro AMD rhetoric in the other thread. But it's up to you.

Personally been waiting for the motherboard stocks to increase, which has given time for the BIOS fixes to come through.

Look, the product is good and well priced. But I tend not to hang on to two pieces of hardware that are problematic. Do you?
However getting another Ryzen, there is long waiting time for motherboards for two plus weeks, and that isn't much option for me.
Is not only for gaming, but I am working on small projects for clients.

Losing three weeks of work, due to motherboard delays is bit annoying don't you agree?
If I hadn't sold the 6700K, then I would be holding the 1700X until either the Gaming K7 or the Taichi were available. My fault.
At least my Lumia 950XL hasn't failed me and I can work today.

Associate
Need a little help please with Pstates and Downclocking when idle if possible.

My settings currently:

39 Multiplier
Vcore 1.35 Offset 0.15

PState0 - Custom 3900
FID - 9C
DID - 8
VID - 3A

Will not downclock when idle. Any help appreciated.

You may need to setup powerplan to have lower min state %. There is an image in section Power Plan editing in Windows in OP of this thread.

Permabanned

That looks like my old 32 inch crt panasonic tv i got in garage tith it playing picture of a computer inside hahaha.

Anyway think i can call my setup stable. Passed 2 hours of realbench 8gb (i dont use swap file so 16 does not want to work ) and in few minutes IBT is finishing maximum torture test. Even my 5820k have not passed maximum on IBT :)

Last edited:
Associate
All the gear and no idea :p

Care to state what "Full Blown" stress testing actually means?

"Easyrider loves a stress test and he is on the hunt.... problem is some people think he is a bit of a ****"

Sorry my poetry isn't what it used to be ;)

Btw rider go back to your own thread as this one is clearly below you ;)

Back
Top Bottom