• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
y3mutfIZLmD8EAIV1nlTGjMHFGGGqHSeHA5FikmMP8yIaitO94KrHhPAfDMyej2avSkcfQSWJvsDR0Wuvr1ubsG-9P7rQwclwBs6ehrMvg4rOADt-8-bPtv803N-Q3q0uh9DaPxI6L4aaiDyjATSzHyRnywCpZXIPkmNOhEk_-caig

Thanks buddy! Another pass for the crosshair then. It does seem to be a bug on the crosshair with temp sensors currently.

Permabanned
@AMDMatt and other AIO cooler owners: How have you connected your cooler to the motherboard? Do you have the AIO pump going into CPU_FAN header or the AIO_PUMP header? also what about the fans on the the RAD what do you currently have them plugged into?

Associate
@awaybreaktoday Dropped the volts to 1.112v on 3.6Ghz and currently 30 mins in on 16GB RB, seems to have topped at 52.9c, not bad for air cooling. Looking strong at the moment. See you in 30 mins :D
dqOk4fg.jpg

Caporegime
@AMDMatt and other AIO cooler owners: How have you connected your cooler to the motherboard? Do you have the AIO pump going into CPU_FAN header or the AIO_PUMP header? also what about the fans on the the RAD what do you currently have them plugged into?

Pump connected to AIO Pump header. Chassis fans connected to Chassis fans. H110i fans connected to Pump. H110i running at quiet mode for fans and pump.

Associate
Test/Results:
Realbench Stress Test - 1 hour - 16GB RAM - Passed
Average CPU Temp: 51.1c
Peak CPU Temp: 52.9c
Peak CPU Volts: 1.112v

System:
1700 @ 3.6Ghz on 1.112v (Undervolted)
16GB 2400Mhz RAM
MSI Tomahawk B350
Noctua NH-U12S (Single fan)

AVUDbfT.png

Soldato
Nice and stable scramz.
As per the other read I've been having some real stability issues. AIDA has narrowed it down to system memory. This memory passed 4 runs of memtest86 just yesterday.
Yet in realbench and AIDA64 it falls over because of RAM.
Now that the memory controller is on the CPU am I barking up the wrong tree by changing my board from a tomahawk to a crosshair hero?
Should I be looking at a faulty CPU?

Associate
Nice and stable scramz.
As per the other read I've been having some real stability issues. AIDA has narrowed it down to system memory. This memory passed 4 runs of memtest86 just yesterday.
Now that the memory controller is on the CPU am I barking up the wrong tree by changing my board from a tomahawk to a crosshair hero?

I personally think the black screens issues are all down to the individual CPU OC abilities but I could be wrong.

Permabanned
Nice and stable scramz.

Ram speed and timings are the issue i think. Motherboards in general are just not ready for ryzen yet...

Man of Honour
OP
Agreed nothing wrong with B350 boards at all. I've actually needed to bump the voltage up a little for 3.6ghz to 1.21v for it to be completely happy doing a big encode in Handbrake (1080p 1:1 Bluray Rip with SuperHQ Preset encoding in x265)

NWFhynK.jpg.png

Associate
Agreed nothing wrong with B350 boards at all. I've actually needed to bump the voltage up a little for 3.6ghz to 1.21v for it to be completely happy doing a big encode in Handbrake (1080p 1:1 Bluray Rip with SuperHQ Preset encoding in x265)

Yeah, I agree. My 3.7Ghz needs 1.20v to be completely overkill happy.

Soldato
For anyone having issues with memory, try upping the CPU SOC voltage a little. I'm trying 1.15v to get 3200Mhz CL14 to pass bloody Real Bench Lol.

I can't go over 2666MHz with the latest BIOS, just doesn't POST... I have 2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance LED (Samsung IC, Single Rank). I run 1.1v SOC, tried 1.15v and also DRAM at 1.4v but TNA.

@8 Pack Any ideas? (ROG board)

Caporegime
I can't go over 2666MHz with the latest BIOS, jsut doesn't POST... I have 2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance LED (Samsung IC, Single Rank). I run 1.1v SOC, tried 1.15v and also DRAM at 1.4v but TNA.

Which board and bios? Not sure it's going to work for me either tbh. 2966Mhz appears stable, at least i managed to pass one run of Real Bench with it. I have GSkill 3600MHZ CL16. I expect things will get better as we release updated microcode and manufacturers release updated bios.

Soldato
I can't go over 2666MHz with the latest BIOS, just doesn't POST... I have 2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance LED (Samsung IC, Single Rank). I run 1.1v SOC, tried 1.15v and also DRAM at 1.4v but TNA.

@8 Pack Any ideas? (ROG board)

Which board and bios? Not sure it's going to work for me either tbh. 2966Mhz appears stable, at least i managed to pass one run of Real Bench with it. I have GSkill 3600MHZ CL16. I expect things will get better as we release updated microcode and manufacturers release updated bios.

Scrap that, it's actually Hynix. I thought they used Samsung, i checked before i bought. Just loaded up AIDA and can see it's Hynix :(. Balls.

Back
Top Bottom