• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
I know I messed up!!

Oh well, otherwise video content is useful I think. a lot of informative scores and testing.

Everyone's a critic eh? :) We'll blame AMD for making it so similar sounding!

And yeah, good video :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
That a little pile of goodies to fit in the background? :)

A mix. there's a 1080ti watercooled gfx card, 32gb Avexir 3200mhz ram, 500gb Samsung 860 Evo M.2 ssd and some Vadar fans to upgrade my rad cooling. Then there are some other bit's and pieces as my son is getting my current "PC guts" (see current sig) transplanted into a new BitFenix case (all watercooled as well). I can actually start building that and strip my current case out ready for Threadripper :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
I would be curious to know the number of people who are buying this for mostly gaming only compared to workstation use.

Mine is mainly prosumer use (3DS Max, Blender, Terragen, LightWave, Photoshop, Illustrator, After effects, Premiere Pro, Visual Studio, GCC, and other tools I use for web and game dev - such as multiple VMs and Android emulation) but I will be gaming on it as well.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
So how's everyone's paperweight performing? Still waiting for mobos?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Too glowy for me and will never be seen really. In talks about something with all the best features without all the gaming/rgbness ;)

That'l be the Taichi then.

Wonder if I can get it to pulse red when the cpu is taking a beating tho.... hummm

Gigabyte were talking about introducing graduated colours in response to cpu temp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
cG4le

I am sure. It's the x399 taichi. Still showing 9 in stock for me

cG4le
http://imgur.com/a/cG4le
cG4le

How odd. Shows out of stock on mobile site.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
That might explain why when I put an order in before it created 3 orders, PayPal failed to load but still took payment from a card I didn't want it to so had to cancel the order!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Gigabyte board came in stock just now somewhere else so ordered and will be delivered tomorrow :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Mobo arrived today. Just waiting for a cpu block now!

zOBBsse.jpg
xKaZLeB.jpg

@Vince - I've not got you down on the owners list - what have you got - 1920X or 1950X?

Back
Top Bottom