• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Man of Honour
I've got no idea, but it seems a lot of people can get 3333-3466Mhz stable. Guess we're just unlucky. :p

If I remove half of my ram I can get 32gb stable at 3466, put the other 4x8gb (32gb) in and 2933/3200 are about as far as she will go and 3200 doesn't seem to be as fast or stable as 2933 even with loads of volts. I concluded that, and this has been the same with every board I have ever owned, populating all of the banks means you just aren't gonna manage those kinds of speeds.

Associate
Zenith Extreme owners, BIOS 0804 is out - unfortunately it is effectively the same as the beta 0804 release. Seems stable for my hardware and my RAM runs at 3200 with 1.35v.

Soldato
Asus bios seem to be few and far between on these.
I suppose if all working well then it doesn't matter. Using the X399-A only issue I have is when I do a cold start (including wall socket off overnight). When I hit the power button it powers up, fans spin, then powers off again before automatically powering back on and then fully boots into Windows. If I power the machine off but leave the wall switch on, the next day it boots straight up fine. So tHat's the only issue I'm having. Oh, and the bios always displays on the wrong monitor, the portrait one, so have to tilt head :). Had it in the past using the same monitor setup with other builds and it's usually resolved but whatever I do if I plug the other monitor back in (the portrait one), the bios just likes to be displayed on that one.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Asus bios seem to be few and far between on these.
I suppose if all working well then it doesn't matter. Using the X399-A only issue I have is when I do a cold start (including wall socket off overnight). When I hit the power button it powers up, fans spin, then powers off again before automatically powering back on and then fully boots into Windows. If I power the machine off but leave the wall switch on, the next day it boots straight up fine. So that's the only issue I'm having.
That seems to be an Asus thing. My old P9X79 used to exhibit the exact same behaviour. IIRC, someone told me that it was to do with memory training.

Associate
My MSI x399 does that when I am running 3466 but doesn't with 3333, so can only assume 3466 is a bit marginal, i just run 3333 and it works every time.

Caporegime
Despite much testing, tuning and trying other peoples exact settings, i cannot get my TR and Ryzen samples any higher on the memory than 3200Mhz. However i did manage to get CL12 3200Mhz @1.45v on TR.
MgGBFdc.png

Has anyone noticed dramatically lower Read ratings on the latest beta of Aida64 and higher latency? v5.95.4510 beta.

Also seeing the same on older Betas now. Grrr. :p

Last edited:
Associate
I assume its related to BIOS updates if you are seeing it on the old one, mine looks in the right ballpark but it can fluctuate, looks like it might be a nanosecond or some more since the RAID BIOS update but then it is fair to say I have done the settings from memory so I may have missed one.

cachemem.png

Caporegime
Managed to improve my read, writes and copies a bit from last time with tuned tertiary timings. Numa, 12-14-14-14-28-1 GD/PD disabled. Gear bank Swap on, otherwise read drops down to 95,400 or so. Stock XFR, CPU undervolted -0.075v.

o75Gp8I.png

Associate
I thought, ooh a new driver, lets get on the case....and got this useful message, looks like I'll never be able to update, nice, luckily I have a driver from the future 17.50 installed :D :rolleyes:

wft.png

Caporegime
I thought, ooh a new driver, lets get on the case....and got this useful message, looks like I'll never be able to update, nice, luckily I have a driver from the future 17.50 installed :D :rolleyes:

wft.png
Interesting.

I happened to update my Motherboard bios to Agesa 1.0.0.4, downloaded the new F6 Raid drivers, then clean installed Windows onto 2x Nvme for Bootable Raid 0. I was able to install the new Chipset drivers, although i did receive a similar warning but i was able to click okay and continue.

Associate
Interesting.

I happened to update my Motherboard bios to Agesa 1.0.0.4, downloaded the new F6 Raid drivers, then clean installed Windows onto 2x Nvme for Bootable Raid 0. I was able to install the new Chipset drivers, although i did receive a similar warning but i was able to click okay and continue.

How about that Zenith 1.0.0.4 BIOS from Asus Matt? I've seen some odd reports like it dropping to dual channel and disappearing half your ram.

I feel like Asus is really dropping the ball on the Zenith, so many issues yet to be addressed (oled not working properly, fan control is a nightmare it will do whatever it wants, AISuite is like cancer... Aura is not working for the most part.... can't get m.2 to be at 8x always drops to 4x etc) so many months after release and still so many of the advertised functions not working. Sometimes I feel like selling the board and go with an ASRock, seems like a lot less issues on that particular vendor.

Caporegime
How about that Zenith 1.0.0.4 BIOS from Asus Matt? I've seen some odd reports like it dropping to dual channel and disappearing half your ram.

I feel like Asus is really dropping the ball on the Zenith, so many issues yet to be addressed (oled not working properly, fan control is a nightmare it will do whatever it wants, AISuite is like cancer... Aura is not working for the most part.... can't get m.2 to be at 8x always drops to 4x etc) so many months after release and still so many of the advertised functions not working. Sometimes I feel like selling the board and go with an ASRock, seems like a lot less issues on that particular vendor.
That's the Board/Agesa I'm using. I personally have not had any problems with it, however i don't use AI Suite, OLED, i have a separate fan controller for managing fan speeds, Aura was setup and configured to my liking on the first Bios and i haven't touched or changed it since. It stays on Red LED, no flashing as i instructed. Guess i am lucky...

I am using 2x Raid 0 Nvme drivers, but have not noticed any PCI_E lane issues. How would i check that?

Associate
That's the Board/Agesa I'm using. I personally have not had any problems with it, however i don't use AI Suite, OLED, i have a separate fan controller for managing fan speeds, Aura was setup and configured to my liking on the first Bios and i haven't touched or changed it since. It stays on Red LED, no flashing as i instructed. Guess i am lucky...

I am using 2x Raid 0 Nvme drivers, but have not noticed any PCI_E lane issues. How would i check that?

Aura for most just drops without notice and becomes completely not functional. But since you managed to set it.once and have not messed with it and have a simpler setup than most... You managed. Hopefully you can keep it up without having to mess with it again.

Regarding the pcie lanes..

If you're using Samsung drive you can check the pcie lane speed in the Samsung's Magician software.

Most if not all of the Zenith owners cannot get the bios setting to stick to 8x. You configure it to be 8x it reboots and again 4x.

This has impact in the max output you can have your ssds achieve, this issue is covered and reported here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96929-Samsung-960-pro-M-2-DiMM-2

Back
Top Bottom