1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Raumarik, 4 Jun 2014.

1. Raumarik

Capodecina

WORK IN PROGRESS - Last update 20/08/2016

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(From Wikipedia)
    Star Citizen is an upcoming space trading and combat simulator video game for Microsoft Windows, OS X and GNU/Linux. Star Citizen will consist of two main components: first person space combat and trading in a massively multiplayer persistent universe and customizable private servers (known as Star Citizen), and a branching single-player and drop-in co-operative multiplayer campaign (known as Squadron 42). The game will feature Oculus Rift support.

Both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are set in a 30th-century Milky Way centered around the fictional UEE (United Empire of Earth), an analogue of the late Roman Empire. A central theme of the game is citizenship (or lack thereof) in the UEE, which must be earned through player actions (such as completing a period of military service). It is anticipated that Citizens will enjoy certain in-game benefits, for example paying a reduced tax rate or having easier access to interspecies trade,but the exact details are yet to be determined.

A strong focus will be placed on player interaction, with player behaviour influencing and being influenced by a dynamic economy system.

Star Citizen is currently being developed by Chris Roberts' Cloud Imperium Games, founded in 2011. Roberts' previous works include games such as Wing Commander, Wing Commander: Privateer, Starlancer and Freelancer.

The game set a new crowdfunding record and has now amassed an incredible $107 million.

Comms schedule for the shows has changed to this:

Mondays (3 PM PST / 11PM BST) – 10 for the Chairman
    Thursdays (9 AM PST / 5PM BST) – Around the Verse
    Fridays (3 PM PST / 11PM BST) – Inside CIG (when available)

Additional comms shows such as "10 for the Developers" come out occassionally too.

[​IMG]

On the 15th February 2016 the game packages split into two parts, Single player (Squadron 42) and Star Citizen (Multiplayer). This increased the price of getting into the game, but thankfully the team did simplify HOW to get into the game with a nice easy to use web page:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/fly-now

[​IMG]
    What can’t you do? :) (Features list on the RSI site)

[​IMG]

Arena Commander Manual

Arena Commander download

RSI Comm link

Spectrum Dispatch (roleplay stories etc.)

RSI Live Chat

[​IMG]

If I have missed your organisation please contact me via trust

LTT CONGLOMERATE - LTT Forum JOIN
    [​IMG]

Mercury Rising - Mercury Rising Forum JOIN
    [​IMG]

PAGAN (Teamspeak address: pagan-sc.enjinvoice.com) PAGAN Forum JOIN
    [​IMG]

The Corp - XSGamers Gazanimal's live stream! JOIN
    [​IMG]

The Shadow Legion (Website) JOIN
    [​IMG]

Bored Gamer's New player tutorial

Gamescom 2016 footage

Top 10 Reasons to support Star Citizen

ChrisJSY - OCUK member / resident genius

The HUD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0l7lh4_Jfs

Guide to dogfighting part 1

Guide to dogfighting part 2

Byronyk - Misc vids

Jump gates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2EN8GJGfUU

Mr. Future's excellent SC fan made trailer

Brigant70
    Star Citizen - A Promise (Recommended only after locking your wallet away)

Tactical Advance
    - Has lots of videos visit his playlist

[​IMG]
    AC = Arena Commander
    CIG = Cloud Imperium Games
    LTI = Lifetime insurance, identical to SHI in that it only covers the unmodified parts of the craft but without the cost of SHI. A tiny perk, do not obsess over it!
    SC = Star Citizen
    SC-PU = Star Citizen Persistent Universe
    SHI = Standard Hull Insurance, covers only the base ship for a regular cost. Mods, upgrades and cargo are not covered.
    SQ42 = Squadron 42
    OB = Original Backers
    ORG= Organisation, like clans, guilds or corporations in other games. You can be a member of one and affiliated with up to 9 others.
    PU = Persistent Universe
    UEC = United Earth Credits (Monetary unit in the PU)
    UEE = United Earth Empire (The government of the Star Citizen universe)
    VB = Veteran Backers

Last edited: 20 Aug 2016
  2. Raumarik

Capodecina

This post last updated: 02/04/2015

[​IMG]

Ships specs - Use the official site ship comparison page, it's the easiest place to check them out and obviously the most accurate and current. Remember ship specs, like everything at the moment are subject to change and have at least once already.

Each ship in Star Citizen has hardpoints upon which a variety of weaponry can be mounted, depending on the classification of the hardpoint. A hardpoint can mount any weapon of it's size or lower.

CLASS 1 - Fixed Gun. A forward facing laser, neutron cannon, particle gun.
    CLASS 2 - Articulated Gun. Mounts which allow guns to swivel to cover an arc.
    CLASS 3 - Pylon. A mount used primarily for missiles but can hold ECM units, radar pods, drop tanks, additional ammunition, special scanners, etc.
    CLASS 4 - Turret. Uses the game weapons as class 1 but can be crewed by a player or NPC. Additionally may be used to mount pylon-type weapons (i.e. a tractor beam / chaff dispenser.)
    CLASS 5 - Manned point defence turrets, generally mounted on larger ships and capital ships.
    CLASS 6 - Heavy manned capital ship turrets – used for ship-to-ship combat.
    CLASS 7 -Spinal mount lasers heavy hitters that are effective against medium and large ships.
    CLASS 8 -Capital ship cannons extended range heavy weapons used for capital ship battles in space.

FYI anyone wanting to get back into the game who's missed a few months - this is a great little site to see the current status of development: http://www.starcitizenstatus.com/

Last edited: 2 Apr 2015
  3. GiraffePencils

Mobster

Subbed
    Looking good

4. SS-89

Sgarrista

Nice one Half

5. Devlish

Soldato

Looking good! Off to play a bit.

6. Raumarik

Capodecina

Anyone got a live stream? last one I jumped on had some guy checking his Facebook and post about arena commander on it..

7. SS-89

Sgarrista

8. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Anyone played this with an Xbox 360 controller? Wonder if there are enough buttons (12 not inc start and select) to be able to control the various ship systems.

9. Raumarik

Capodecina

10. GiraffePencils

Mobster

Last edited: 4 Jun 2014
  11. itchy

Mobster

Oh dear this copied from sc thread !

QUOTE "Do you guys remember all those threads on how Star Citizen will be a true space sim. Complex physics modelling, full support for HOTAS & pedals setups, etc etc. Oh yes, and people pooh-pooing Elite for being "simple and arcadey" in comparison.

Well, now we have the first look at how flying and core space-ship gameplay is shaping up in SC, and I'm looking at a very depressing picture. 3rd person perspective for situational awareness, and ships that chase the mouse and guns that track the mouse pointer. Fans of the ultra casual style of War Thunder, World of Warplanes and Freelancer will be right at home, but those who bought into the hype and got a HOTAS setup are shafted severely.

Just like in War Thunder it doesn't matter at all if the game technically supports joysticks. With a flight model where the ship chases the cursor and guns can be pointed at the same time, joysticks are pointeless and a mouse is the only real way to fly. If somebody wants to be really high-fi, I suppose a mouse and throttle may be the way to go.

Remember the discussions about the bad placement of the fixed class 1 mounts on the 300i? Looks like it turns out they aren't class 1 afterall. Instead they track the mouse cursor just like everything else.

gg, sim fans lose, casuals win " :eek:

Pointy-pointy click shoot! :rolleyes:

12. bakes0310

Capodecina

Pre alpha...

13. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Yeah keep this one as long as the op will keep it up to date with updates of the game. Doubt Niel would keep it updated due to size etc. Plus fresh thread hopefully will be not just clan posters plugging lol.

Also glad to hear this isn't a game for joysticks as I have no intention of buying one there a dying breed since the mouse came IMO. Joystick doesn't equal sim its a choice if u want to use one but sims shouldn't need one especially when mice are great for space games.

14. Raumarik

Capodecina

If you guys want I'll keep updating this for the time being, if you do want them to merge the threads though you'll need to ask a mod, more doing it the more likely it is to happen.

Devs released this image of them with the pre-release alpha..

[​IMG]

15. Raumarik

Capodecina

OP updated again give me a shout if I'm missing anything.

16. kablooey

Hitman

I'm finding the opposite to be true, much better with a joystick imo...I can see people using turrets slaved to the Oculus Rift + HOTAS dominating in future.

17. Raumarik

Capodecina

It's an initial alpha release, what controls we have now and the feel of the ships will change drastically in the next 6 months tbh :)

18. Vtec9k

Wise Guy

Gonna take a while to DL this, it keeps getting slower :(

19. Raumarik

Capodecina

I've noticed that even though I have the launcher open, P2P enabled and upload set at max mine doesn't actually send anything. Perhaps something they need to fix tbh.

20. GiraffePencils

Mobster

I think its not working, there's no way i'd still be downloading if it was