******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
It's funny on ED forums people seem to think immersion and building a consistent and semi plausible universe where you actually have to do some house keeping stuff means making a boring game.
I refuse to believe that we can't have our cake and eat it and have all of the above... And I applaud CIG if they attempt this

this , i like some depth when it comes to cake too :p

Soldato
Beta release may not be everyone, it might be a few weeks public testing phase before full release.

No word on the PU release yet. not before then ^^^^

Cool, thanks :)

At least we have a more concrete date to look forward to - Although it was a little longer than I anticipated honestly...

I wonder whether this will change Elite Dangerous' plans for the future at all

Soldato
It happens when QT'ing long distances so Huston <> Port Ollisar; although my Avenger's engine is now overheating in QT so that drops me out just before the Stanton sun normally from port ollisar; I got kicked out of the ship when QTing the other day too... just ended up floating in space looking all lonely.

Soldato
Have been looking at grabbing SC or ED for the best part of 2018 but unsure which one to get, does SC have enough content to play casually (2-3 hours a night)?

I tried EVE: Online but that was just a grind fest mining rocks so quickly got bored.

Soldato
OP
No I'd still suggest getting Elite: Dangerous at this point. SC whilst getting there still has a long way to go before it's really got a gameplay cycle IMHO.

Having said that if you think you'll buy in regardless, this is the cheapest you'll get SC for a while: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-Pack-Warbond-Holiday-2018

There is a mustang pack but it's sold out. Aurora is a cool little ship though.

Soldato
Have been looking at grabbing SC or ED for the best part of 2018 but unsure which one to get, does SC have enough content to play casually (2-3 hours a night)?

I tried EVE: Online but that was just a grind fest mining rocks so quickly got bored.

SC isn't finished yet. ED is (or was) £9 for horizons and is a proper game rather than an early tech demo. I am biased with over 1500 hrs in elite but I love it . I would say buy elite now (in a sale) and get SC when it is out

(I have both as elite and wing commander/privateer/strike commander were such great titles I had to back both)

Soldato
Hi
I have a quick question for all you guys following closely.
The squadron 42 which comes as a standalone for £50 ish.... Is this the same squadron 42 that I will get with my $65 (iirc) pledge from back in 2013 or is it the complete squadron 42?

Iirc my package comes with squadron 42 part 1 but not part 2 or 3.

I am just wondering if this is the case or if things have changed now?.... And what is it the standalone S42 comes with?

Thanks

Soldato
Thank you both, thought that might be the case after some of the video's I was watching last night (mainly SC).
SC does looks amazing and have been waiting for it to fully release just haven't been actively following it for sometime now.

Will grab ED and have a bash later today. :)

Soldato
CT
Thank you both, thought that might be the case after some of the video's I was watching last night (mainly SC).
SC does looks amazing and have been waiting for it to fully release just haven't been actively following it for sometime now.

Will grab ED and have a bash later today. :)
Assuming it is still under £10 it is a lot of game for the cash. Don't bother with the base game even at under a 5er

Back
Top Bottom