******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Worth a watch.

Yea i saw.

here is the highlights:

```
Updates and Gameplay - 3.14 will probably release around mid-July - Medical Gameplay and Personal Inventory are Chris' favourite parts of Alpha 3.15 - New equipment / clothing system incoming for wearing clothing and armour - Discussion about Cloning system. Can clone yourself 3 or 4 times before you are permanently dead

Core Tech - Lots of teams are working on Server Meshing (around 20 people in total); most of the core features have already been finished - One of the panels for this year's Digital CitizenCon will be on Server Meshing - Proper Global Persistence (new version of iCache) should be ready by the end of this year - A lot of problems with AI and events is a result of the low server tick rate

CIG - CIG currently has ~720 employees - The UK teams will be moving to new offices next year (lack of space in the current ones); will have around 400 people there and will be the new 'flagship' of

CIG Chris Roberts - Chris still does some coding, currently working on physical skins for collisions and character models - Chris will be moving to the UK later this year to be with the Squadron team and get SQ42 finished
```

Soldato
Can clone yourself 3 or 4 times before you are permanently dead
I'll be really interested to see how this works in terms of the 'Death of a Spaceman' and the inheritence / lineage continuation, e.g. character creation on subseqeunt related child characters may be more limited without genetic modification as a result of DNA defined for your original character...

Associate
Is Star Citizen still a thing? To me that game died before it even got released lol, the owners were like "we are not pay to win... blah blah blah" and yet people spending hundreds of pounds on exclusive ships before it's even released. Put me right off.

Soldato
Is Star Citizen still a thing? To me that game died before it even got released lol, the owners were like "we are not pay to win... blah blah blah" and yet people spending hundreds of pounds on exclusive ships before it's even released. Put me right off.
You seem to be mixing the concepts of crowd funding and pay to win :D

Very much still a thing, with constant positive changes being released. Which is more than can be said for Elite after how Odyssey turned out :cry:

Looking forward to the next patch. The ship balance changes are going to be interesting!

Caporegime
You seem to be mixing the concepts of crowd funding and pay to win :D

Very much still a thing, with constant positive changes being released. Which is more than can be said for Elite after how Odyssey turned out :cry:

Looking forward to the next patch. The ship balance changes are going to be interesting!

Kate makes some delightful videos, really enjoyed watching her play SC.

https://www.youtube.com/c/GameDevByrneGaming/videos

Soldato
RemindMe! Five Years "check if Star Citizen is out of alpha"
Nope.

I died four times in one mission last night because server lag meant my rifle started firing about two seconds after I pulled the trigger, and enemies were still able to shoot me through the thick walls I'd just ducked behind. That's without all the 30Ks that seem to be getting more frequent. :mad:

Associate
I expect Sandi wants to spend some of that lovely cash in Mayfair and Bond Street or Chris wants to play movie director at Pinewood again - I mean they will have to redo a lot of the mocap as most of the actors will be so old none will know who they are.

Back
Top Bottom