*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Soldato
If you're getting a physical copy i'll assume you still need the full key from the box to continue after the head start (plus any inveitable grace period).

Permabanned
Bah was hoping beta client would be out today just got in bout 30 mins ago ..but then again its only 13:09 in Austin, so still time :p

What gets me is they said it would be quicker than the last time, well they getting mighty close to how long it took last time :(

Believe the client is quite a bit smaller this time, will see and let ya know.

Soldato
Bah was hoping beta client would be out today just got in bout 30 mins ago ..but then again its only 13:09 in Austin, so still time :p

What gets me is they said it would be quicker than the last time, well they getting mighty close to how long it took last time :(

Believe the client is quite a bit smaller this time, will see and let ya know.

Last time it was 2 weeks, which will be saturday. So it should be sometime this week.

As for client size, it was 21GB last time, I doubt it will get much smaller as that is a reasonable size.

Permabanned
Last time it was 2 weeks, which will be saturday. So it should be sometime this week.

As for client size, it was 21GB last time, I doubt it will get much smaller as that is a reasonable size.

Ah thought it was 27, tis me age I tell ya :p, well they did say it would be less than last time

Associate
I'm about to pre-order the CE from GAME but I have a few questions guys...

How does the early release code work when the game is apparently going to be delivered on the 23rd December from GAME. Does that mean we start downloading the game by putting in the early release code from the EA servers? And when we get the discs and all that we don't actually need it? Just incase we need to reinstall again?

Associate
I'm about to pre-order the CE from GAME but I have a few questions guys...

How does the early release code work when the game is apparently going to be delivered on the 23rd December from GAME. Does that mean we start downloading the game by putting in the early release code from the EA servers? And when we get the discs and all that we don't actually need it? Just incase we need to reinstall again?

I pre-ordered my copy with Game, they sent me an e-mail shortly after with my pre order code which i entered onto the SWTOR site registering the pre order and automatically notifying them to enter me into the early access deal

I prob wont have a hard copy of the game by early access release but I reckon once im eligable i'll have access to the download client from which i can install/run/play the game

Associate
Fab. Cheers for that. Just pre-ordered my copy and waiting upon the early release code. Don't really care about it though as I probably will want to install the game from the hard copy rather than download it off first :p

Just seems a little weird

Soldato
You won't be able to download it the moment you put in your key, but you will when early access starts (no info on when that is and how long it'll last). Once early access does start you can just play the game and when release day hits you enter your real CD key into their website and that will 'upgrade' your early access account into a full account and allow you to continue playing and give you any pre-order/special edition goodies.

Associate
You won't be able to download it the moment you put in your key, but you will when early access starts (no info on when that is and how long it'll last). Once early access does start you can just play the game and when release day hits you enter your real CD key into their website and that will 'upgrade' your early access account into a full account and allow you to continue playing and give you any pre-order/special edition goodies.

But if I don't enter the early access code and install the game right when the hard copy arrives, will that still be okay and I will be able to create an account without any troubles because i did not enter the early release code? The early release period will probably be no more than 7 days and I probably won't be downloading 27gb in files which will probably take a couple of days leading up to the launch. I can just easily install it off a CD.

Soldato
But if I don't enter the early access code and install the game right when the hard copy arrives, will that still be okay and I will be able to create an account without any troubles because i did not enter the early release code? The early release period will probably be no more than 7 days and I probably won't be downloading 27gb in files which will probably take a couple of days leading up to the launch. I can just easily install it off a CD.

Yeap it will be fine

Soldato
I'm off 21-27 I think. Will probably just pick up a hard copy and install 21st to miss out the insanity that is always an mmo launch day :p

On another note with ne joining a guild pre release how do I end up in that guild when starting the game?

Soldato

You can create an account on swtor.com right now if you like, even without any early-access key. In fact it will most likely be better to create an account now as on release day people may be overloading the site trying to enter their retail cd-key, and if you are trying to create an account and do that, well then that could go quite slowly.

If you do enter your early-access key when you get it that means that if your discs arrive a day or 2 early then you can install the game off them and play the early access while waiting for it to officially go live.

I'm off 21-27 I think. Will probably just pick up a hard copy and install 21st to miss out the insanity that is always an mmo launch day :p

The early-access will be staggered, giving access to those based on the order they entered the key. This means that on release day not only will the login/game servers be a little less hammered but the starting areas will not be quite as crowded as other MMOs on launch day (there will likely be tons of ppl in the first planet or two, but hopefully the early access staggering will mean there will be less fighting over quest mobs and such). So with any luck the launch wont be 'insanity' :)

Last edited:
Associate
You can create an account on swtor.com right now if you like, even without any early-access key. In fact it will most likely be better to create an account now as on release day people may be overloading the site trying to enter their retail cd-key, and if you are trying to create an account and do that, well then that could go quite slowly.

If you do enter your early-access key when you get it that means that if your discs arrive a day or 2 early then you can install the game off them and play the early access while waiting for it to officially go live.

Doubt that GAME will be giving us the pleasure by delivering the game 2 or 1 day early, it says on their website the release date is the 23rd of December! :(

But I will enter my early access code as you say just in case my hard copy arrives earlier *fingers crossed* so I can play longer and get the hang of the game!

I defo won't be downloading 27gb in files, that would take ages :o

EDIT: One more thing if anyone could clarify, if I do not create an account until the launch day will I still be getting the Colour Stone that comes with the pre-orders? Or do I have to do that now to be sure that the Colour Stone is there. Maybe it will be part of the game box code when the physical copy arrives?

Last edited:
Permabanned

On another note with ne joining a guild pre release how do I end up in that guild when starting the game?
Well if you join the guild pre-release i.e on the swtor forums, it should not matter when you log in, it will still put you in the guild.
If you don't join the guild on swtor, you can then wait till they in game and they can inform you which server to join, and invite ya the normal way.
Doubt that GAME will be giving us the pleasure by delivering the game 2 or 1 day early, it says on their website the release date is the 23rd of December! :(

But I will enter my early access code as you say just in case my hard copy arrives earlier *fingers crossed* so I can play longer and get the hang of the game!

I defo won't be downloading 27gb in files, that would take ages :o

EDIT: One more thing if anyone could clarify, if I do not create an account until the launch day will I still be getting the Colour Stone that comes with the pre-orders? Or do I have to do that now to be sure that the Colour Stone is there. Maybe it will be part of the game box code when the physical copy arrives?
You will get that stone the minute you enter your early access key, by getting I mean it will be reserved for your account.

But all the pre-order goodies I believe will only become available on the 20/12, which is a tad strange to me but hey ho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom