• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** Official Titan owners thread. ****

Soldato
My cards have shipped today even though they arrived at the warehouse yesterday which is disappointing. Taking the dogs out to enjoy the good weather instead and will run some more benchies with my current 480 SLI setup so I can check the differences. Can post on here if people are interested.

Everyone had delivery delays and problems except Cosimo I think.

Soldato
Thats why I changed from an XFX 850w PSU to the seasonic 1250w version instead lol. I'll more than likely go SLI and the x79 platform when overclocked pulls some serious juice from the wall socket!

Caporegime
Ok, did some frame latency tests, to see how Titans stack up in SLI and quite poor results if I am honest.

farcry3time.jpg

crysis3time.jpg

crysis2time.jpg

bf3time.jpg

ac3time.jpg

Assassins Creed 3 was the smoothest and next was BF3/Crysis 2. Crysis 3 was unplayable at those settings and that shows quite clearly. FarCry 3 looks like it did when I was using the 310.xx drivers with SLI 680's and felt like it. The difference being this time was uber settings compared to dumbed down settings on the 680's.

I will do more of this testing with some of the AA dumbed down next time and see if it improves.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd also point at the drivers with that tbh. The first set aren't exactly going to be the most optimised so it'll be interesting to see what the next few months bring for titan performance improvements.

Associate
Damn, I really want one of these beasts now. My planned rig build for the summer is already going to set me back by around £3000 and that's just with a GTX-680, question is - do I spend another £400-500 on a Titan or GTX-690? Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom