Oh dear! What have i done.

Associate
I have had problems with my memory running at the corrrect speed... i.e: it won't.

To get round this, i decided to just increase my fsb more. I run my Socket 754 Athlon 64 3200+ overclocked to 2400mhz at an fsb of 220.

In order to get the memory to run quicker, i decided to run an FSB of 240. Knowing that this was out of my cpus capabilitys for overclocking, i lowered the multiplier from 11x (default) to 10x. I then saved the settings and waited for it to reboot.

Screen stays blank.. all fans are on, no signal on screen. What have I done?

I have tried removing the cmos battery for 10 mins, assuming that this would solve the problem and rectify the incorrect settings. But this seems to have had no effect.

I then took out the graphics card, and tried it on integrated graphics, still nothing.

I took the sticks of ram out, and replaced it with my old ram. Still nothing.

Have i fired something? Any other ideas?

The only possibility i can come up with is that i have fried my CPU. I shouldn't have been so hasty.

Associate
Apart from resetting the bios back to defaults using the jumper on the motherboard you could try from switched off Press and hold the Insert key on keyboard then switch on Still holding the Insert key if alls well you should get the usual beep from your pc as it starts.

Ok skip that, just re-read your post :rolleyes:

What about switching off at the psu? once or twice it helped me.
I know youve had the battery out but what about the clear cmos jumper?

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't know what mobo you have but to reset the CMOS & restore defaults on my Asus board the battery has to be removed but also a jumper has to be removed from one set of pins to another for 10 seconds & then put back, this has saved me several times after fiddling with the bios etc. :D

Back
Top Bottom