oh man where do i start :(

Associate
i bought my domain www.studioarcadia.co.uk set it up with godaddy with a hosting account and i started to make a page with joomla as its closest i can find to what i want. basically i want a normal website with a nice landing page. ive been watching crash course videos on joomla, sql and cms for ages now and just dont get it. is there any other way? other tha joomla ?

Soldato
There's loads of other content management systems (CMS) like Joomla, try Wordpress, Drupal, e107, RadiantCMS.

It's all down to preference.

If you are struggling with the HTML, why don't you find a nice theme you like for a CMS and the use that, if it's not perfect then modify it as you need to.

Associate
+1 for Wordpress, go to Lynda online training library pay for a month so you can access all the tutorials (you don't need exercise files). learn all you can about wordpress. Then go to Theme forest find something that suits you and then customise it like Sir SpankalotUK said. Best option and won't take long to pick up. Best thing to do is get a couple of months with Lynda then you can learn the basics of HTML, CSS and PHP too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you actually need SQL and a CMS if all you want is a normal website? If thats all you need, just use something like Dreamweaver to build the site in HTML.

Back
Top Bottom