Oil boilers being fazed out

Soldato
Only just read this - It seems oil boilers are being fazed out from 2026 - I knew about gas boilers but oil has never been mentioned -Well I haven't seen it untill today.

Better order a new one and store it as well as another two 2.5k Ltr oil tanks.

Bloody greenies

Soldato
OP
In all the 47 yrs of being married we have only had about 4 yrs of gas heating and cooking all the rest has been oil and electric.
From what i see is that I need to replace my 11 yr old Worcester/Bosch rubbish oil boiler with a new one in 2023/4/5 ish and hope that oil is still available at a reasonable price - There again I might not give a poo as by then I could be 80 or gone.
I hate greenies and Boris the buffoon and his ****.

Soldato
OP
Seems like a few of us are in the same boat.
I fill my tank once a year with approx 1200 ltrs (2.5k tank_) when tank is half empty and I rang the other day and it was 47p + vat so it hasn't gone up much.
My outlay now is on logs - used to get them for free or few quid but now I recon I spent £300 + this year to stock up 5 log stores - Not huge log stores but just wasted space behind green house and oil tank.

Also this year I treated myself to generator 3k but I have now found it doesn't have EVR (electric voltage rectifier) so when the other day I finally got it plugged into house mains then LED tubes in garage were flickering.
Turned kitchen breaker on and lights there were flickering.
All mains have been isolated from incoming feed.
So if anyone has had a similar problem with a genny did you fix it.

Back
Top Bottom