Oil Grade question

Soldato
Hi guys,

Car is a Volvo 2013 S60 T3, which is actually a Ford engine.

Anyway, manual states oil grade SAE 5W-30 ACEA A5/B5 then WSS-M2C925-A

The first bits I am fine with, but its the last certification which I believe is ford specific, when I am looking on euro car parts, the oil matches with the exception of the certification, which is stated WSS-M2C913-D

Now, I know the letters at the end are back compatible, eg, the D means its as good or better, then C, B A etc, however the last 3 digits are different (925/913) and I cannot seem to find anything on that.

I know you might think it probably doesnt matter but from experience over the years the mrs ford firsta if you dont put the right oil in it does burn through it over a year whilst it barely looses any oil at all if you get teh correct specification.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/1/1/c/2/ee6a621b083ceb7a07d6636f7be0c8e84647.pdf

Seems it might be compatible going on the section on the right hand side.

Yeah I ahve gone with it anyway, please ignore this thread :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I didn't realise it was ever a thing to look this closely at a oil spec...

I've always just gone for a decent quality oil synthetic oil... As long as it says the right grade on the front and states its suitable for whatever manufacturer I wouldnt lose too much sleep over it.

I think it vastly depends on the engine, I'm sure for the majority your way of thinking is fine, ford engines not, and I know from experience going by how much oil was being burned Vs hardly any after with the correct oil.

Back
Top Bottom