Ok, finally decided what I gonna buy... oppions :)

Soldato
Well,

I have been mulling over what I wanted to buy for a long while, and finally decided on the following:

2GB of ram (not sure of make yet) this will replace the 2x512 I currently have.
1 PCI (NOT express) graphics card, like a radeon 7000, I will use that for a output to drive a 15" monitor and TV out for DVD watching.
1 Belina 20" widescreen monitor. I will use that for mostly photoshop work, and also for the XBox 360.
Lastly, some cheap router, to share my connection between 360 and PC, without swapping the bloody ethernet cables.

Questions:

Shall I just buy a second network card, and link my 360 thru that? My pc is literally always on so that is not a problem, I am just worried about performance drops or lag for the 360...

The specs of my PC will be:

Venice 3000 overclocked to 2.8GHZ, 2GB ram, X800XT card, and 1 19" CRT monitor, 1 15" monitor, 1 Beliena monitor... I will then in a month or 2 grab a x2 3800 CPU to help out... I figure the extra ram will make Photoshop very happy though.

Overall, what do people think of my choices, I will buy in a week or 2, so I get a bit of time to see more options.

BigDom said:
Why not just run the second monitor off the second output on your 800?

Phill hit the nail right on the head :)

I was thinking that you can only use 2 displays at once on the x800, so why not just buy a 7000 pci, wack that in and use that to drive my 15" monitor and TV out, that way I can always have all 4 displays at the same time... will be great if a mate is around and wants to watch a movie and I still wanna do photoshop work or surf the net.

Back
Top Bottom