OK stupid question

Associate
i have value ram in my comp its 1gb if i get another gig of ram i know this will improve the speed of it a lot i think but if i get like corsair ram or another company ram will this make any difference ?

thanks
INFECTION

Soldato
One word: Punctuation. For the love of sweet monkey jebus, punctuation.

After decyphering your question:

Not a great deal no.
If your memory timings are slightly higher on your Value RAM than they are with a set of Corsair, the worst that could happen would be that the motherboard sets the Corsair to run with the more lax timings of the Value RAM by SPD.

Associate
it very much depends on what you do with you PC .If you do a lot of multi tasking ,possibly it will improve spped with regard to opening programmes/switching between applications. Also would depend on the spec of your pc /operating system .

Associate
OP
ok i mainly use my comp for playing bf2 and genral useage so i dunno. i heard bf2 runs a lot better with 2 gb of ram and i have 1 gb and av got a 3ghz p4 478 i think with a 128 mb radeon 9600 pro i ordered a new bfg 6800 but i think i need another gig of ram

Soldato
if you know the exact ram you have then get another 2x512mb (if you have 2x512) or a single 1gb stick if that is what you have. Dual channel is always faster.

Back
Top Bottom