OK which poster was this? (Angry over someone parking outside your house)

Caporegime
Yup, it is the ever entertaining Daily Fail, I'm sure on previous threads on here people some people have expressed anger over people parking outside their house... so, ref: the below story, are any of you pregnant bald men with anger management issues?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5262043/Couple-receive-torrent-abuse-furious-resident.html

This couple received a torrent of abuse from a furious resident because they parked outside his house while visiting friends in Reading.

Ben Moody, 25 who arrived with his girlfriend Harley Clarke, 21 was told to '****ing shut the **** up and **** off' when he attempted to park in his friends road by an abusive resident.

When Ben and Harley from Oxford arrived they were immediately confronted by a man and a woman who had pulled up alongside them.

Caporegime
OP
I know feel guilty now days, not the sort of thing I would do today. But it did get the desired result, massive trucks shouldnt really be parked down small residential streets all weekend though.

How do you know it got the desired result? He might have only been there for a one off job in the first place.

Caporegime
OP
Someone I know has a stomach like that - I used to comment on it to mates till one said he has cancer and had so many operations on his gut's he is afraid it might bust open. - Might not be the case with this guy though.

Never judge unless you know for sure.

Sounds pretty dubious that having an operation on your gut would have much effect on that sort of thing. Shouldn't that make it more likely that he'd lose weight?

Caporegime
OP
It wouldn't be the operation causing it you wally :p it'll be the cancer

How? I mean a football size tumour in the gut seems pretty unlikely in a developed nation...(especially since he's had operations on it!). We do have this thing called the NHS which despite it's faults does usually prevent stuff like that from happening.

Caporegime
OP
Its cancer, it can cause all sorts of secondary complications. A few months before pancreatic cancer killed my mother, she was asked more than once 'how far gone' she was, because people thought she was pregnant. She wasn't, it was the cancer.

yikes, sorry to hear that :(

Caporegime
OP
Yeah they are.

How so? I'd have assumed you'd at least need the permission of the home owner/occupier to block their dropped kerb - otherwise presumably you can get their vehicle taken away.

Edit - actually I've just googled and answered my own question, you're indeed correct, so long as you're not blocking someone in then apparently you can park there.

Back
Top Bottom