Old computer shop in Manchester

Associate
Hello,

This shouldn't go against competition rules as this shop is long gone. Years ago, mid 1990's, there was a computer shop just down the road from Manchester Piccadilly train station. It's where I picked up four x 1MB memory chips for my Amiga GVP hard drive. My dad also got his first PC from there, an old 386. Anyways, I can't remember the name of the shop and is annoying the hell out of me. Can anyone remember?

Associate
OP
On the station approach? That'd be Morgans. Still around online selling newoldstock Satnavs etc when I last checked a few years ago.

Micro Direct were originally in an old bank in Burnage, before they moved to Upper Brook St in the late 90s. RAM were over the other side of Kingsway to MD.
Levenshulme had a few, before MD opened a second branch up opposite McVities. PAL and Diamond Computers stick in my memory.
Then there was VIP and Spot On....

Morgan Computers! That's the one, thank you so much :)

Associate
OP
Just checked. Microdirect website no longer exists at all, if I go up in the loft later I'll get that price list out and post it :)

Associate
OP
Here we go. It wasn't a list for Microdirect but for Klone Computers (also long gone), another one I had forgotten all about. Anyways, here it is:

t1EdOXV
t1EdOXV
t1EdOXV
https://imgur.com/a/t1EdOXV [/IMG]

I hope that works

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. @Lonewolf The competitor rules have got me in the past as well, no biggy and go away from this thread knowing your contribution is appreciated :) This seemed to be the perfect place to talk about dead competitors and I was right :)

Back
Top Bottom