Old laptop with win98

Soldato
I have got an old PII laptop and have a legit version of win98.
After installing 98 i find the picture does not take up the whole area of the laptop screen (the is an option iin bios to compensate but it leaves me with only 640 x screen.

This laptop is not capable of getting on the net, i was wondering if anyone knows where to get the service patches for 98 from? I have searched the microsoft site but cant find anything.

Soldato
OP
the laptop does not connect to the net.
I did think about linux, but since i have the win98 disk i thought i would try with this.

Soldato
OP
It seems as though (looking at the laptop spec) i could install xp. I have two other computer in the house - both with their own OEM windows xp disks, can i use one of the xp disks for the laptop? Or is that illegal?

EDIT : I have installed win98, thats where im getting my screen size problem, which is why i though updating 98 would resolve the problem.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunatally not. There are no stickers or labels. All i know is that its an 's series lifebook'.

I checked out thier website to find lots of updates but only if you know which model you have.

Soldato
OP
ok im downloading UBCD now.
Something to add, i cant run dxdiag, is that suppost to run on win98?
Maybe i could put the latest dx on the laptop.

BTW, thats for the help.

Soldato
OP
It seems the laptop is a P3 (600) not a P2 as i previously thought. The bios says its a P3 but the 'system properties' said it was a P2.

I installed UBCD on 98, didnt try to boot from start up, ill give it a go when i get home.

Back
Top Bottom