Oldest case you are still using in your main rig?

Associate
I still use Silverstone TJ09 from 2007. Looked at changing it a few times. But always just rebuilt back into it with the latest hardware.

Associate
Still use my SilverStone Fortress FT02 (think 2011 ish) as my main, my 'old'-'er' case is near-by as a test/2nd rig, the Akasa Eclipse-62 is from 2006 (ish) cant and wont part ways with either it seems.

Associate
Akasa Eclipse 62. Don't seem to have kept the receipt, but must be 15 years old, give or take.

Currently contains a pretty modern setup: Asus Extreme AM5 mobo, 7800X3D, Noctua fans throughout, SSDs etc.

Even now there are still lots of options for occupying the 5 1/2" bays - got a couple of these for the big HDDs: https://www.quietpc.com/smartdrive-2002c

As well as a swap-able HDD bay which comes in handy more often than you might think. I think you can get ones which take both a 3.5" drive and a 2.5" drive, which would be even more useful.

I like a number of new cases, Fractal Design mostly, but this does everything I need, so why change.

Soldato
I was using my Silverstone FT02 until a few weeks ago, when I finally migrated to a new case. I chose the Fractal Torrent.

FT02 was struggling to accomodate modern GPUs (I had to remove the middle intake 180mm fan to get my 7900XT to fit.

Still think it's an incredibly well designed and built case - it's making its way to my Dad's to replace his cheapo generic unit.

Soldato
Silverstone LC17. Circa 2010 I believe. I had a LC16 but I couldn't get the LCD Screen to work properly. I did have TWO LC17's at one point. I've only kept it because I don't like black PC cases anymore, I've got no room anywhere else for a PC case apart from my telly rack. The hardware in it is nothing special, but it suits my needs as a daily drive rig and it has sufficient cooling, plus a blu-ray drive when its needed but barely used.

Associate
Another FT02 owner here.

Finally decided I need a new case due to GPU length/size.

FT02 will live on as the family PC / gaming PC for my eldest son.

Have been struggling to decide what to go with, a slightly taller FT02 would be nice! - don't particularly want a window panel and currently thinking Fractal Torrent but would like something a bit more solid / long-term / modern equivalent to the FT02 but options either look too expensive or are compromised.

Soldato
I've just deprecated my FT05 for a Montech King 95. I forget when I purchased the FT05 but it was before 2018 because that's when OCUK cuts my order history.

Soldato
untill about a month ago i was still using a black fractal design r4 window case :)

IhFdh8I.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom