Olympic coverage in HD

Soldato
From what I can tell, the BBC have now made deals with sky, virgin and freesat (possibly also BT vision, but unconfirmed) that they will all host some additional BBC coverage of the games.

Through the red button on virgin and sky you will have access to 24 HD feeds at peak times, and I believe 24 SD channel will be available also. Sky will have all 24 hd and sd setup as new channel numbers, virgin yet to clarify if they will be numbers or just through red button.

On freeview HD there will be channel 301 and 302 which will currently hold red button coverage, and one additional channel will be available, giving freeview HD 3 channels.

It would appear, but I can't find definite channel numbers, that freesat HD will have 24 separate HD channels directly available at peak times.

As far as 3d coverage goes, I can see no indication of it being provided by the BBC, but eurosport 3D will be providing some 3D coverage. Looks like sky will have this, also virgin if the channel launches at end of july as planned.

I think freesat and freeview folks miss out.

Back
Top Bottom