Olympic Road Cycling

Soldato
OP
[DOD]Asprilla;22473088 said:
Cav and Jake Humphry.
Oh well, cant have it all.

It should be good to hear from somebody who has been there recently and really knows what it's like for the riders.

Not that i'm suggesting boardman doesnt know what he's talking about, i really like him, but it's been a while since he rode track.

Soldato
That Bradley Wiggins is one cool customer. With everything he's won and all the adulation he's getting, he's so laid back in his interviews. No wonder he won, he has the kind of calmness and steadyness of nerve that no doubt makes a champ.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Here's our hero! Spotted in Kingston earlier!

Wiggins.jpg

Associate
I missed the bit on BBC3, but he just did a great interview on Sky News. Tipsy and a bit sweary, but very honest and down to earth, a great champion :)

The BBC3 interview is up on iPlayer, from 2hr 43min, and there is a brief recap of the time trial from 2hr 47min 35secs. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01lk82s/Olympics_London_2012_BBC_Three_Day_5_19.0023.00/

The end part of the press conference shown on Sky News is now up on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ISVC7GxX8. Hopefully the whole press conference will be posted later.

Last edited:

NZB

NZB

Associate
Lizzie Armistead on the BBC breakfast show this morning. Poor lass doesn't know what to do with herself now and you could see just how lost she feels atm. One of the presenters said that surely being a silver medalist she'd have contacts to get in the velodrome today but from her response it didn't look like it. It came across as she'd sorta been shoved to the side now that she's got a medal and has no more races left.

All the competitors should be allowed in to events after theirs are done IMO, especially our medalists. If they don't let her then it's a bit of a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom