Olympic Swimming

Soldato
Prepare for the police to be at your door soon.

;) :p

I can confirm that section 6, subsection 2A of the Malicious Communications Act states that the use of the wink emoticon invalidates all criminal charges. A bit like how you can accuse anyone of anything so long as you say 'allegedly'.

Soldato
I am sorry in advance for my bluntness but all the British swimmers bar the mens breastrokers need to be ashamed of themselves.

None have swum PBs none have even got close to those times and they all get out of the pool grinning about how much fun they had coming 6th and what a great journey they had been on.

The men's breastroke pair were formidable and praiseworthy. They smashed their pb's and British records. One got a medal. For that they should be applauded.

The rest of the swimmers failed to meet their pbs , didn't improve on medal positions and got out of the pool grinning. This culture of failure saturated that team and was disgusting to watch.

Soldato
Well, that lasted 1 post....

I said I'd stop talking about 'that issue' I didn't rule out making more rubbish jokes :p

I am sorry in advance for my bluntness but all the British swimmers bar the mens breastrokers need to be ashamed of themselves.

This culture of failure saturated that team and was disgusting to watch

popcorn_gif_by_zombiejosette.gif

Soldato

None have swum PBs none have even got close to those times and they all get out of the pool grinning about how much fun they had coming 6th and what a great journey they had been on.

The men's breastroke pair were formidable and praiseworthy. They smashed their pb's and British records. One got a medal. For that they should be applauded.

The rest of the swimmers failed to meet their pbs , didn't improve on medal positions and got out of the pool grinning. This culture of failure saturated that team and was disgusting to watch.

+1 harsh but true, the GB swimmers haven't met expectations set by the public or the GB team. Look at how well the cyclelists and rowers have done and how much they have improved since Bejing and compare that to the swimming team, lets just say questions need to be asked. As for Adlington, she done well to get bronze in the 400m but for me sje simply fluffed her lines and couldn't cope with the pressure sure the other girl swam faster but Adlington was way of her PB and got trashed. I don't believe for one second she is happy finishing 3rd.

Soldato
+1 harsh but true, the GB swimmers haven't met expectations set by the public or the GB team. Look at how well the cyclelists and rowers have done and how much they have improved since Bejing and compare that to the swimming team, lets just say questions need to be asked. As for Adlington, she done well to get bronze in the 400m but for me sje simply fluffed her lines and couldn't cope with the pressure sure the other girl swam faster but Adlington was way of her PB and got trashed. I don't believe for one second she is happy finishing 3rd.

The poor performances themselves are sad enough. But it is the reaction afterwards that drives me nuts.

The athletes who have succeeded in these games have accepted the pressure and used it to motivate. These athletes have a chance to make history and IMHO should be gutted and distraught that they fluffed their one big chance. The shrugging of shoulders afterwards infuriates me as a spectator who is watching them and willing them to success so much. It is such a contrast.

I am delighted for Phelps, the Lithuanian swimmer (who was just awesome to watch) and Angel for that last leg of the relay. Great swims from great competitors.

Associate
Just lol at those saying they're "ashamed" at GB swimmers, only someone with next to no knowledge of the sport would say something like that. No one "expected" anyone bar Becky to medal so we've actually done better than expected.

The reason most haven't swam best times is because the team is mainly compromised of athletes who were in international competition during the jaked/lzr era. Those in doubt, tell me, how many pb's phelps has done this Olympics?

We've got a good chance of Gold in the 10k from KAP so it's not over yet.

Back
Top Bottom