Olympic Track Cycling

Soldato
I dont understand how China get relegated from 1st to 2nd place, but GB got relegated from 2nd down to 8th? Surely they should have been relegated into the bronze medal fight?

GB were not 2nd, they qualified with 2nd fastest time.
They were relegated to 2nd in that race where they made the mistake (which was a knock-out round, so they were knocked out)

DcD

DcD

Associate
They still worked their way through to the final legitimately. It wouldnt be fair to lose eveything for a mistake in 1 race. Its fair that they lose that race though. So they get the silver medal for losing the final.

The same thng happened to GB.

Makes sense. Screw up an early round and get a shot at the medals still, and then screw up the medals and get nothing at all? Not fair at all. It's a shame because from what I understand we'd have boshed it, but fairs far, dignity in losing and all.

Oh and Victoria Pendleton is fit. As is that blonde German one.

Man of Honour
They still worked their way through to the final legitimately. It wouldnt be fair to lose eveything for a mistake in 1 race. Its fair that they lose that race though. So they get the silver medal for losing the final.

The same thng happened to GB.

That's made it clear.

Soldato
GB were not 2nd, they qualified with 2nd fastest time.
They were relegated to 2nd in that race where they made the mistake (which was a knock-out round, so they were knocked out)

Ah that makes a bit more sense. Sorry for my lack of understanding :)

Sidenote - Nice to see Mr Hoy has a bit of taste when it comes to his headphones, no MONSTA BEETZ for him. :)

Caporegime
You'd be ****ed though, right? Dayum. Rather get Dsq like GB rather than having the gold ripped off you after you've just been walking around with your country's flag on your shoulders.

The same thing happened to the Chinese as to the British team. They were relegated to 2nd in that race. For GB that meant loosing a knockout race, for the Chinese it means silver not gold, but the penalty is still the same.

Back
Top Bottom