Once Human - Open Beta right now, very good Open World MMO/RPG crafting survival game.

Soldato
Surprised there isn't a thread on this one, searched but couldn't find anything anyway. Open Beta has been live for a few days, I think it's running for like a month or so more, might be a nice game to get into over the xmas period if you like the open world survival/crafting/PVE/PVP MMO type games.

I've been playing it for about 10 or so hours now, it's very very good, quite polised considering it's expected to release Q3 2024. It's definitely an interesting spin on the genre and one I'm very much enjoying up to this point. Visually very nice too, a bit of a looker with excellent UI and game mechanics. Check it out here.

https://www.oncehuman.game/

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's very good mrk hence why im shocked theres no thread for it. It's a huge open world, crafting, base building, levelling, progression and lots of loot, can play in clans or guilds too and defend against other players in PVP like a Rust etc. It's got a really strange and unique design, almost very Control'esque or Death Stranding in it's visual style, really different. I think there's a very good game in here, so far I can't see any brick walls in the Beta stopping you from progressing, it's a really good Beta. The opening 10 minute tutorial is a bit strange, doesn't play how the game plays at all, it's more a visual opener, quite astonishing how it's only 40gb when you look at the quality and size.

A note too, you might get queues when joining servers depending on times, I think the queue limit is a 1000 a server, if you are outside that number then you just gotta keep spamming as it'll say server is full, try again in a bit. The queues do go down very quickly once you are in though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The same Streamer/Youtubbers shilling over The Day Before, are now shilling this game :cry:
Shills will be shills.

I've no idea as I don't generally watch game channels unless for a particular review of sonething i intend to buy. A friend and I were looking for a new game, he said he fancied it, I'd never heard of it but because it was free we decided to jump in and try. We were pleasantly surprised how good it is, it's very good infact, already really polished. So definitely going to be strong come final release late next year.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This game is absolutely brilliant, just gets better and better once you understand all the mechanics. Been having so muvch fun doing the dungeons, bosses, clearing areas whilst obviously crafting, building, modding weapons. The world is drop dead gorgeous at times too, some of the lighting is so well done, especially in foggy areas with the sun peaking through the clouds.

A word of warning too. Anyone that now wants to get involved, the open Beta is no longer downloadable to play right away. The game is growing in popularity very quickly, understandably so, so to control the load on the servers, they are now going to a registration system where you sign up to the Beta and then every Friday 3000 tickets will be drawn at random which will allow the lucky ones to gain access to the Beta. Anyone that signed up prior won't be affected obviously.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lol no I don't know any devs haha.

This is sucha good game already. In fact, this could very easily release right now in EA and be one of the better EA games we've had for many years, it will be a contender for GOTY next year for sure.

I'm shocked it's flown so low under the radar, one of those happy accidents finding this one before the masses got into it. I'm playing for maybe 6 or so hours a day on this, can't stop playing it way past midnight each night. Mental how it's it's a year out from release but already so much better than any game I've played this year, map is absolutely massive and theres so much to do even at this stage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom