one or two rads?

Associate
Hi all,

So I currently have my 10900k under water using an ekwb PE 360 Rad.. However I would like to add a 3080 to the loop (when able) would the one rad be enough or should I add another?

If I need another ill need to buy a new case, I'm also not sure what order to have the flow in if only one rad CPU or GPU first? obviously if I have two it Id have one between the CPU and GPU..

Thanks!

Associate
OP
Thanks! my next question is about fans.. both my pump and fans are currently plugged into the two CPU fan headers on my motherboard would you have any idea of where to plug the fans in for the second rad? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Associate
OP
I have a ASUS ROG Maximus xii formula.. So my fans are in the CPU Fan and my pump in CPU_OPT I'm assuming I can put the other fans into the CPU_OPT and move the pump to W_pump+ but would that have a negative effect on the pump running at 100% all the time?

Associate
OP
Thanks for all your advice just out of curiosity how many 120mm fans can be ran from one CPU_FAN Header? Could I plugh a fan controller into that header and have that header control the speed? Sorry I'm very new to all this..

Associate
OP
Hope you don't mind me also asking questions.

I seem to have read somewhere about rads and fans blowing into the case, there fore drawing cooler air across the matrix.

is there a right and wrong way

I currently have one Rad at the top of My case blowing out but I'm planning on having a bottom Rad as an intake and top as an exhaust with a couple of case intake fans too

Associate
OP
So I'm looking at keeping my top Rad PE 360 with 3 fans as a push exhaust which are plugged into the CPU_Fan which obviously control the fan speed..

I want a push/pull with 6 fans as an intake on a XE 360 at the bottom if I have these fans running off the CPU_OPT they will obviously go at the same speed as the top fans which is directly from the CPU temps but will these have a negative effect on GPU temps?

Or will it not really make any difference in temps?

Associate
OP
I'm lucky enough to have bagged a 3080 and have a water block on pre-order with EKWB so I'll be adding that to the loop I will also have 3 side intake fans too..

From what I've seen the best way to keep CPU and GPU temps down in a loop is by monitoring the coolant temps? But honestly I have no idea where to start with that..

Associate
OP
I believe my mobo has the headers is there any you would recommend? Am I right in saying that the Octo Aquacomputer mounts into a drive bay? My case won't have a bay

Back
Top Bottom