One Plus 9

Man of Honour
I've been using a 7 pro up until this week and loved the full screen no camera look but after switching to the S21 ultra which has a punch hole I can't say it's made any massive difference and I don't miss the lack of punch hole.

Now if it had a massive notch like the iPhone 12 that would be crap.

Soldato
Oh look, a punch hole. Another phone I won't be buying.

I hate them as well. I actually hate them more than the notch.

I've been using a 7 pro up until this week and loved the full screen no camera look but after switching to the S21 ultra which has a punch hole I can't say it's made any massive difference and I don't miss the lack of punch hole.

The centre hole punch isn't too bad. It's certainly better than one that's in the corner.

Soldato
Nothing wrong as such, certainly better than a notch. Where there have been releases of phones with no cameras on the screen, a notch or hole punch is a backwards step

I'd prefer a full screen too but with a pop up you lose IP rating.

For me, Side punch hole over centre as its less distracting in videos etc.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
You're the same as me. Hate anything with a notch or hole punch. I bought a Oneplus 7t pro last year with the pop up camera and won't change until similar tech is released.

If a hole punch is your thing though, the OP9 is a great buy
Surely a joke? Pop up camera is the worst possible option. Girlfriend has a pop up camera phone and has no end of problems with it. Not to mention all the additional damage risk when it's popped up.

Would not touch a pop up camera phone if you paid me.

Last edited:
Associate
A pop up camera and won't change? Surely that's a joke? My girlfriend's phone has a pop up camera and it's the worst invention ever. Amount of problems she has with the pop up selfie camera is unbelievable

Surely a joke? Pop up camera is the worst possible option. Girlfriend has a pop up camera phone and has no end of problems with it. Not to mention all the additional damage risk when it's popped up.

That's your one experience of the pop up camera. Me personally wouldn't change, no not joking. If it became a problem and unreliable then yes. Until then, mine is fine

Soldato
i have the Mi 9 T which also has a pop up camera its probably the reason I bought it much prefer full screen without hole , I can see why some might be worried about reliability but I dont have much use for it so I hardly ever use it seems backwards step with hole but just have to wait till the quality is better with camera behind the screen for proper solution

Associate
You're the same as me. Hate anything with a notch or hole punch. I bought a Oneplus 7t pro last year with the pop up camera and won't change until similar tech is released.

If a hole punch is your thing though, the OP9 is a great buy

Same.

Using the OP7 Pro, came from the Note 9, I have no issue with the pop up camera. Works just fine and also good for privacy.

I'm in no rush to upgrade.

Had a OP7 Pro for almost a year and pop-up camera has worked perfectly, I would have no issues at all buying another.

Not sure about damage risk, I don't have butter fingers. Also, it closes automatically when dropped, but I've never tested it, obviously.

Last edited:
Soldato
I always hated the idea of a pop up camera, but I bought the oneplus 7 pro in the end due to lack of notch / punch hole. I rarely use the front camera anyway, so it's never been an issue for me.

I am a bit irked by the lack of android 11 so far though. One of the reasons I ditched Samsung was their tardy update schedule.

Soldato
Also wouldn't touch a pop up camera If you paid me my line of work is incredibly dusty and I struggle with the volume rocker clogging up never mind the camera.. I love my 7T pro still and don't see much point in changing it unless this camera is incredible.

Soldato
I am a bit irked by the lack of android 11 so far though. One of the reasons I ditched Samsung was their tardy update schedule.

Oh really? I've never owned a OnePlus but was considering it for my next phone - I always thought they rolled out with the next version of Android within a few weeks?

I'm on a Pixel ATM so I'm used to fast rollouts.

Associate
I always hated the idea of a pop up camera, but I bought the oneplus 7 pro in the end due to lack of notch / punch hole. I rarely use the front camera anyway, so it's never been an issue for me.

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro and I'm on Android 11...

Back
Top Bottom