**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Soldato
How is android pay performing for everyone as of the last update? My missus is having hit and miss issues when using it on the London underground a lot. I can't really work out what it is but it either works or it doesn't :/ It proves quite troublesome during the rush hour and I'm trying to encourage her to use AP more.

Soldato
Chaps, my missus OP3 has some weird issue as of an hour ago. Hoping someone can help.

Basically I cannot get past the lockscreen at all. Fingerprints are rejected, and the lockscreen just repeatedly flashes. I've never seen this behaviour on Android before.

Rebooting and switching off the device has little effect. I can see the homesxreen and the icons momentarily when the device has finished booting and then if just quickly proceeds to the flashing lockscreen.

Going to raise a help ticket with OP tomorrow morning but I really don't want to factory wipe the bugger. Quite annoyed right now as the timing couldn't be worse.

Edit: Well I've made some progress but have never seen anything like this on Android in all the years I've been with it.

Managed to get into safe mode and delete all the fingerprints and set lockscreen security to none. By doing this I could now get into the OS... Except I now have odd Notification bar behaviour in that it slides up out of view for 2 seconds and slides down. Whilst up, the screen/buttons are unresponsive and are only responsive whilst it's down. Pulling down the notification shade doesn't work period.

Too tired now but I'll have to get in touch with OnePlus for further advice. I've never seen such notification bar behaviour on Android and this I believe is the cause of the lockscreen issues I initially reported.

Edit: Urgh fell asleep at 3am trying to sort this out. Here's a video of the said issue.
https://goo.gl/photos/W1rmBqMS653sDD9bA

Submitted a ticket to OP so I guess we'll see how this plays out. I've uninstalled various apps including FB, FB Messenger, Nova Launcher without any effect.

Last edited:
Soldato
Culprit turned out to be Whatsapp. Something in the Media section of the wifes OP3 was causing the phones security routines to spaz out completely.

I hard wiped the phone and let Android do its thing with the restore. Everything completely fine at this stage. Whatsapp then restored 81k of messages before restoring 4.8gb of media - and at that point the screen would go blank and then start blinking as initially reported. I reproduced this a few times.

Only way to resolve this was to pop into Safe mode and uninstall whatsapp before going back into the OS safely again. I was advised to go into Settings/Apps, clear all data + cache and so far things have been ok and I've deleted a ton of BS 'good morning' videos that seem to circulate all over the place nowadays.

After speaking to some OP rom devs I was asked for some logs, and they confirmed that whatsapp was interfering with the lockscreen. Having said that I am a bit nervous should it happen again.

Soldato
The Spotify equaliser was a shortcut to the phone's built-in one. It seems that the OP3 doesn't have an equaliser.
Yep. Lame.

Edit - installed Equaliser FX off the store and it did the trick. Now have EQ. Thanks.

There is an equaliser when you plug in headphones in the Settings > Audio settings menu

Thanks, I tried that out but it has no effect on BT headphones.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Anyone else had the camera autofocus failure?

Where the camera just fails to even attempt focus, or on the rare occasion it does focus it then unfocuses pretty much straight away. Sounds like a common issue on the OP forums, has to go for repair and a new camera module.

Luckily mine is a week or two under a year old.

Associate
Anyone else had the camera autofocus failure?

Where the camera just fails to even attempt focus, or on the rare occasion it does focus it then unfocuses pretty much straight away. Sounds like a common issue on the OP forums, has to go for repair and a new camera module.

Luckily mine is a week or two under a year old.

Happened to me last year, auto focus just stopped working.

Had to send it to some place in Germany, took a few weeks to repair but the service and feedback was pretty good.

Soldato
OP
Just raised an RMA, waiting for it to be approved.

Use it as my main phone for personal and work, could be a bit of a problem being without it.

Associate
Just raised an RMA, waiting for it to be approved.

Use it as my main phone for personal and work, could be a bit of a problem being without it.

If you don't have any spare, try asking family or friends if they have anything you can use for a few weeks, not really worth buying a cheap phone for such a short period.

Soldato
OP
Good luck with their customer service!

It's been absolutely fine. Quick to rule out common issues and raise an RMA. Was collected yesterday (my own fault in the delay there, had to change the collection address which they responded to perfectly but meant the process had to be restarted) and has arrived in the Czech Republic this morning.

If you don't have any spare, try asking family or friends if they have anything you can use for a few weeks, not really worth buying a cheap phone for such a short period.

Got a temp phone from work, iPhone 5 :(

Came unstuck this morning when I needed my Google 2 form auth app. Couldn't add a new device because it wanted me to 2 form auth to access the page :D

Soldato
It's been absolutely fine. Quick to rule out common issues and raise an RMA. Was collected yesterday (my own fault in the delay there, had to change the collection address which they responded to perfectly but meant the process had to be restarted) and has arrived in the Czech Republic this morning.

I'm glad it's going well, hopefully it's smooth sailing!

Back
Top Bottom