OnePlus 3T

Soldato
Got my 3t from o2 yesterday, upgrade from a nexus 5x, its a very nice phone, extremely snappy and a good size, only issue is instead of getting 4g at home im now getting h+, same at work too.

Same (voda) sim as i used in the nexus. Any thoughts? Its set to select the best possible signal (2g/3g/4g etc). Just to note when im out and about i can pick up 4g.

Edit. Just updated to 7.0 and i now have 4G :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Nexus 5 started really playing up last week, so I ordered a OP3T. A quick question the new update 7.0, are there any problems with the battery? How's facebook and messanger? I had my N5 rooted along with greenify to stop any processes running in the background. It helped a lot, as otherwise my phone wouldn't last me a day. :o

2tDUCECm.jpg

Associate
IC3;30480919 said:
Nexus 5 started really playing up last week, so I ordered a OP3T. A quick question the new update 7.0, are there any problems with the battery? How's facebook and messanger? I had my N5 rooted along with greenify to stop any processes running in the background. It helped a lot, as otherwise my phone wouldn't last me a day. :o

2tDUCECm.jpg

batterys fine after update, but i would do the usual wipe,reset etc. after to be sure,
dont do facebook so cant help there

Man of Honour
I saw a big difference using the Official Facebook lite client over the regular play store version.

I have no trouble making it through a day even with a couple of hours streaming video and fairly heavy general usage

Soldato
Hey guys,

I've had my iPhone 6 Plus for just over two years now and fancy an upgrade as I have noticed it slow down somewhat as of late. I do like the look of the OP3T and wondered if anyone else had made a similar move? Was it worth it? I guess my iPhone is worth circa £300 and the OP3T is £400, so to jump into a new phone seems relatively inexpensive (certainly more so than jumping to the iPhone 7).

I don't really have much allegiance to Apple other than I like their designs, but the OS is beginning to bore me nowadays as I've been on the Apple ship since the original iPhone.

I am subscribed to a fair few Podcasts via Apple's podcast service, but I'm pretty sure what I listen to will be available elsewhere. What do people tend to use on Android devices to listen to podcasts?

Cheers.

Soldato
Can I ask what sim plans you guys are using ? and more or less what is a monthly cost
am thinking about buying 3T and going simonly.
Network of my choice would be o2 but they dont have any nice deals at the moment...
EE, Virgin have better deals...or even ID mobile...

Thanks

Soldato
I'm with Three, £20 all-in-one pay as you go add on thing, 12gb data, 300mins, 3000 texts.

There is a 30gb data/unlimited texts/600mins deal for £20/month on a 12 month sim only deal too.

I was with GiffGaff previously who were awesome but their 4G in Brighton is crap so had to find someone else.

I'm thinking of ordering one of these up to replace my aging Moto G 1st Gen 3G. Do you recommend any of the extras from OnePlus3 when ordering from their site?

What is it what you were looking at?

The cases are nice but expensive, I think you can only get the dash chargers/cables from them direct so that's the only thing I would personally bother getting from them if you want spares.

Soldato
What is it what you were looking at?

The cases are nice but expensive, I think you can only get the dash chargers/cables from them direct so that's the only thing I would personally bother getting from them if you want spares.

I ended up just getting the phone. I'll get a case for it once it arrives and shop around.

I can't wait for it to arrive now :)

Soldato
I'm with Three, £20 all-in-one pay as you go add on thing, 12gb data, 300mins, 3000 texts.

There is a 30gb data/unlimited texts/600mins deal for £20/month on a 12 month sim only deal too.

I was with GiffGaff previously who were awesome but their 4G in Brighton is crap so had to find someone else.
Thanks

Three is bad where I live and work.

Soldato
I don't know why but I'm still holding on to see what the MWC chucks up... I even "wasted" 30 notes on a replacement screen for my ancient Z1 this week! The 3T has been on my radar for ages but I think I have commitment issues :rolleyes:

Serious question though, compared to say Sony/Samsung, with careful use - would I be able to get up to about 2/3 years out of this phone?

Man of Honour
I don't know why but I'm still holding on to see what the MWC chucks up... I even "wasted" 30 notes on a replacement screen for my ancient Z1 this week! The 3T has been on my radar for ages but I think I have commitment issues :rolleyes:

Serious question though, compared to say Sony/Samsung, with careful use - would I be able to get up to about 2/3 years out of this phone?

Ive only had my 3T a month or so but I feel far less worried about if getting damaged than I ever did with my Xperia Z3 and this was bought with cash rather than contract

Soldato

Same as me, 12Gb of data, our wifi is quite restricted at work (no whatsapp etc) so I'm on 4G most of the day, I get 80-90Mb download and 30Mb upload speeds. I too was with GiffGaff, never above 10Mb and commonly below 5Mb download on 4G :( Their 4G is crap everywhere it seems. And Three have the bonus of feel at home, which is bloody awesome.

Back
Top Bottom