OnePlus 3T

Soldato
Definitely not monthly at the moment it's on December 2016 that was after the 7.0 Nougat update. 7.1.1 is currently beta and I'm quite sure that OP will be including an updated security patch.

Soldato
Oxygen 4.1.0 being rolled out now, connecting to a Canadian vpn gives me the update.

Key changes:

Code:
Upgraded Android 7.1.1
Updated Google security patch to 1st March 2017
Added expanded screenshots
Improved picture taking of moving objects with blur reduction
Improved video stability when recording
Improved WiFi connectivity
Improved bluetooth connectivity
General bug fixes

Associate
Hi all,

I'm after some serious information on the OnePlus 3T and Android in general.

I currently have a iPhone 6 Plus (128GB) and (in theory) could have upgraded to the iPhone 7/Plus as I buy my phones every two years outright.

I've been toying with the idea of getting the OnePlus 3T and passing my iPhone to the Mrs as she has an iPhone 5 (16GB). I really don't fancy forking out £819 to get the equivalent of my current iPhone when I could get a OP3T for £439 (128GB).

My options are keep my iPhone or get the OP3T and would like your opinion.

I'm sure someone on here could provide me with an idea of what Android is like as I've never used it before and what it's like switching from iOS.

I must admit that I'm more invested with Google than Apple. I do have an iPad and MacBook but I don't use iCloud and I'm not too bothered about iMessage and FaceTime as Whatsapp is what I tend to use and I use Google for most services (Gmail, Drive, Contacts, Calendars, Maps and Photos).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Andy

Soldato
What an utter steaming turd this is turning out to be !!!. First phone and the Bluetooth does not work. Second phone arrives today. Installs an Oxygen OS update and it bricks the frikkin thing. What an utter POS of this is

Associate
What an utter steaming **** this is turning out to be !!!. First phone and the Bluetooth does not work. Second phone arrives today. Installs an Oxygen OS update and it bricks the frikkin thing. What an utter POS of this is

I had a similar problem, can you get to the recovery mode? If so try following these instructions:

http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3t/oneplus_3t_oxygenos_4.0.2/

This fixed my phone and has since installed all updates without issue.

Soldato
Anyone not have the Google assistant on their OP3T? I'm on the latest update but don't have it, just have the normal screen search when i press and hold the home button?

Soldato
feel its a little but too late for them now. The s7 can be had for 450 from the orange computer place and thats before this weeks announcement of the s8. My guess the s7 will fall to below the 400 mark in coming weeks and has a whole lot more going for it than the 3t. Oneplus need to drop the prices imo. I know its hard for a smaller company to play with the big boys on prices but once samsung officially drop the s8 and the prices start tumbling on the 7 oneplus will have to do something special to still be on peoples radar and spray painting the back black wont be enough

Soldato
4.1.1 being rolled out now, usual procedure, connect to Germany/Canada VPN to trigger it.

Code:
Fixed Instagram swiping bug
Fixed hardware buttons malfunction bug
General bug fixes

Back
Top Bottom